View Full Version : So Where Is This Place?

kevinpate
03-08-2008, 12:00 PM
(FYI there is no one correct answer)

You walk in and it's just like you remembered. You're not the only people dining out tonight, but you're also not going to have people banging their chairs into yours, or blabbing on a cell at a table right next to you and your lovely. And yeah, the place has seen some better times, but it's clean, its reputation is still strong and even though it's never crowded, that's a plus, not a concern it might fold before you can come back.

The menu, whether eclectice or more standard, provides a variety, though you secretely know what you'll be ordering from the moment you decide this is your destination for the evening.

No flip flops, no tank tops, but Brioni and Halston would seem just as out of place.

So, I'm curious, where is this special place in OKC for you?

solitude
03-08-2008, 12:16 PM

You walk in and it's just like you remembered. You're not the only people dining out tonight, but you're also not going to have people banging their chairs into yours, or blabbing on a cell at a table right next to you and your lovely. And yeah, the place has seen some better times, but it's clean, its reputation is still strong and even though it's never crowded, that's a plus, not a concern it might fold before you can come back.

The menu, whether eclectice or more standard, provides a variety, though you secretely know what you'll be ordering from the moment you decide this is your destination for the evening.

No flip flops, no tank tops, but Brioni and Halston would seem just as out of place.

The misnamed Museum Cafe at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.

icemncmth
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
The Haunted House....

I eat there several times a year...It hasn't changed a bit in probably 40 years.

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM

So is this place dowtown? Or can't you give any other hints?

kevinpate
03-08-2008, 07:58 PM
It is downtown for Solitude.
It is not downtown for icemnmth.

As noted above, there is no one correct answer.

I've posed the question out of simple curiosity. I wondered which locations the above description might evoke in the minds of others, so I asked.

Tis my hope that I, and others, may be blessed with a location, or three, that though not yet experienced, may become a well adored tradition.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-09-2008, 03:25 AM
I was going to say...My house.

Rifleman2C
03-09-2008, 04:06 AM
It used to be the Terra Luna Grill for me... but unfortunately, they have folded tent.

When I get back to OKC, I will be seeking another place just like what kevinpate describes, so keep 'em coming!

andy157
03-09-2008, 04:14 AM

So, I'm curious, where is this special place in OKC for you?Jamils

dismayed
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
There used to be so many great places on Western... Full Moon / Iguana Lounge, Terra Luna, etc. Is there anything over in that area any more?

Rifleman2C
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
There used to be so many great places on Western... Full Moon / Iguana Lounge, Terra Luna, etc. Is there anything over in that area any more?

I guess that Flip's Wine Bar is still there... at least it was back when I was visiting in November. I have been there a couple of times over the years, but it always seemed there was something missing about that place to me...

sooners83
03-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Jamils

Second that!

kevinpate
03-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Though not my first thought, I would concur that Jamils most assuredly fits, and was in fact the second place which came to my mind as I wrote the initial post.