View Full Version : Hats off to an edmond police officer

Chefdavies
03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Last sunday I believe (whenever the big storms came through) I was out on a mission for my lady friend, and had not paid any attention to the weather. So i drove out into the rain. I got what I needed and started heading home when my car just cut off. As soon as it died, the tornado sirens started to go off. So not only am I kinda worried, but mad bc I thought I might be in a world of hurt if a tornado decided to join the party. Luckly, one of edmond's finest showed up out of no where, and helped push my car out of the road, and even let me sit in his car till help arrived. I know is sounds like nothing big, but in a day and age where ppl only seem to bash police, I thought I would thank this one. I never got his name or anything. Just a hand shake and a thank you. Thanks again:congrats:

Karried
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
That is so cool...

Thanks for sharing.. you are right.. no one compliments police officers enough.

Maybe copy a letter to the Edmond Sun - so he could know how much you appreciated it?

bretthexum
03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
That is cool. Question though - were the sirens going off in Edmond on Sunday? Or were you in OKC? I didn't hear them in my area of Edmond (Covell and Kelly)

Chefdavies
03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I was on santa fe right next to the wal-mart. You know I could have be alittle confused, I know the radio was doing the warning sounds. I emailed the police department and they said he would receive a letter of service or something. But I think I will write the sun, seems like I can't stay out of that paper lol

FritterGirl
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
That is cool. Question though - were the sirens going off in Edmond on Sunday? Or were you in OKC? I didn't hear them in my area of Edmond (Covell and Kelly)

At Second and Santa Fe / Western they were loud and clear. I'm in OKC corporate area (Edmond zip code), so that may be the difference.

I thought the County operated the sirens.

bretthexum
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Doesn't suprise me. I think I am turning half deaf :)

MadMonk
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
That was a nice warm-fuzzy story Chefdavies. Hats off to the anonymous cop. :tiphat: