View Full Version : Hometown Buffet closed

SoonerDave
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Since there is no S. Oklahoma City thread, I don't have much choice but to put this here....even though it is nowhere near Moore (misperceptions about the overlap of Moore and S. OKC would merit their own board, so I won't go there right now).

The Hometown Buffet on I-240 at Western closed down about two weeks ago.

This is a place that, when first opened, was really not too bad, but in the last year or two had continually lowered its food quality while simultaneously increasing prices. We stopped going there when Sunday lunch hit something like $10 a person, and the food had really gone downhill. Was not terribly surprised to see it go.

-sd

Jesseda
02-26-2008, 11:11 AM
wow, they use to have good food, i did notice though they started hiring non english speaking people in almost all departments in the restaurant, the food was really really good when they first opened.. Oh i wish THE CHOICE WOULD REPOPEN..

Martin
02-26-2008, 11:25 AM
wasn't the place called duff's before it was choice smorgasbord or am i thinking of someplace else along that same strip? -M

cmgjenner
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
it was called Duffs awhile back

SoonerDave
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Yup, in fact I think it originally opened as a Duff's Smorgasbord, and it was H-O-R-R-E-N-D-O-U-S. I remembered eating there ONE time and it was so awful we didn't even finish what we had already taken. Silly as it seems, I remember that one visit - we got fried chicken, and it was so tough (not to mention it smelled funny) it was inedible.

HTB was really pretty good in its day. The other two locations in town remain open, I beleive. About three years ago, maybe more, they started screwing around with their menus, discontinued some popular items, hacked off a bunch of customers (who didn't come back), and then started messing with the food itself. It went from reliably good to average to yuck, especially when you factor in the expense element.

-David

jbrown84
02-27-2008, 09:19 AM
We like to go to the NWE one after church once every couple months. There food is always pretty good and it is always packed with blue hairs.