View Full Version : Swimsuit Shopping

brenna
02-18-2008, 10:46 PM
This question is mainly for the ladies, but anyone feel free to respond:

Ok, so Spring Break is coming up and I'm going on vacation. :pg_bubble I have already started looking for bikinis in Norman, without much luck.

When it comes to swimsuits, I have to try them on before I shell out $100, so I don't want to buy anything online. I also don't want to have to make a trip to Dallas, but I guess I will if I can't find anything in OK. I have plenty of Target/PacSun-type suits, but I want something a little nicer for this trip.

I called LA Sun n Sport in North OKC on May, and the lady I talked to said they have a ton of really cute bikinis. Has anyone ever been here? Is it worth the drive from Norman? Are there any other places in OKC, besides typical mall stores?

HELP!! Thanks!

CCOKC
02-19-2008, 08:26 AM
The Dillard's at Penn Square always has the biggest swimsuit collection in the summer. Not sure when they bring them out though.

FRISKY
02-19-2008, 11:04 AM
You might want to check out: wickedweasel.com/bikinis/

They are very fashionable and don't take up much space in your suitcase…or billfold...if you want to carry an emergency suit for unexpected swimming sessions.

;)

I'm not sure which shops carry them in OKC.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
You might want to check out: wickedweasel.com/bikinis/

They are very fashionable and don't take up much space in your suitcase…or billfold...if you want to carry an emergency suit for unexpected swimming sessions.

;)

I'm not sure which shops carry them in OKC.

Might not want to surf that site from work.:sofa:

MikeLucky
02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I called LA Sun n Sport in North OKC on May, and the lady I talked to said they have a ton of really cute bikinis. Has anyone ever been here? Is it worth the drive from Norman? Are there any other places in OKC, besides typical mall stores?

HELP!! Thanks!

Bikini shopping? Do you need a ride? :biggrin:

j/k..... I really can't help so I thought I would be a smart azz. I know when I was married we always ended up in Dillards for the nicer swimwear for the ex..... but I don't really know if that's good or bad.....

John
02-19-2008, 03:43 PM
If LA Sun & Sport is the place in Northpark, then they should have what you're looking for.

brenna
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
If LA Sun & Sport is the place in Northpark, then they should have what you're looking for.

Yes, it is. I had a chance to go yesterday and it was well worth it. By far, better than anything I have found in OKC. GREAT selection!

metro
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
you can always posts pics of the ones your deciding on, I'm sure there are plenty of guys on this forum that would love to help you.

bretthexum
02-21-2008, 02:09 PM
you can always posts pics of the ones your deciding on, I'm sure there are plenty of guys on this forum that would love to help you.

Oh brother... here we go... :)

Freaks are coming out of the woodwork now.

6string79
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Might not want to surf that site from work.:sofa:

It looks work safe to me. You guys are too prude.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-21-2008, 03:03 PM
It looks work safe to me. You guys are too prude.

Those things are see through sheer fabrics, the size of a postage stamp on a string. And that's the BOTTOM half. Swimsuits are one thing, but that's borderline Playboy right there.

I'm not prude, but my boss is a woman that wouldn't appreciate it.

6string79
02-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Those things are see through sheer fabrics, the size of a postage stamp on a string. And that's the BOTTOM half. Swimsuits are one thing, but that's borderline Playboy right there.

I'm not prude, but my boss is a woman that wouldn't appreciate it.

Understood. LOL

Hahah I'd make my girlfriend wear all that stuff for lounging around the house...it's cute and sexy.

brenna
02-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Oh brother... here we go... :)

Freaks are coming out of the woodwork now.

hahaha. oh my.

i have to agree with the postage stamp comment, you might as well not wear anything at all!

betts
02-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't know if LA Sun and Sport is the one in Northpark Mall. I've walked past it but never been in it. They have walls lined with swimsuits, that I've noticed, and they look great. And I agree with the Dillards suggestion. The one at Penn Square usually has hundreds of swimsuits. Whoops, looks like I didn't read far enough.

Redskin 70
02-23-2008, 11:17 PM
no help her.
I dont think the world is ready for me in speedos:numchucks