View Full Version : Delta Airlines new service to Lawton

Tex
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I received a Delta SkyMiles email today with this notice.

On March 3, 2008, we'll begin new service between Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Lawton-Ft. Sill Regional Airport in southwestern Oklahoma.

venture
02-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Mmm hmm. Nothing big. Lawton was given one of the SCASD grants (Small Community Air Service Development) a year ago. They have been working with Delta for that time. Loads are extremely light and we probably won't see it last longer than a year...when the funds run out.

Bobby H
02-17-2008, 12:37 PM
venture79, are you even from Lawton at all? Or is this just yet another uninformed comment coming from some completely different part of the state?

The Atlanta connection into Lawton Fort Sill Regional Airport is sorely needed. That's because American Airlines hasn't provided adequate service in its American Eagle flights to deal with demand in its Dallas-Ft. Worth connection.

It's not too difficult to get a flight out of Lawton. Good luck getting one back into town. I know lots of people who've had to get rental cars and drive for 3 hours from Dallas to get home. This is grossly unacceptable for countless military personnel who use those flights.

Most people flying out of Lawton are heading for places in the Eastern US. The addition of a direct Atlanta flight is a great new option. I think it's going to get a lot of use.

BG918
02-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I know people in Duncan who use the LAW-DFW route about once a month. They will like having LAW-ATL. If I could think of one other route from LAW it would be either HOU or DEN, because they are big hubs and because of the energy industry in SW Oklahoma.