View Full Version : Pho Tai Phoshow

bradbkj103
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
So who has the best Pho in the metro-???? is it Pho Saigon.. or Pho 89, Pho 2000.. Phoboulas..... Mr Pho.. Pho Hoa.... I really think MR PHO is great.. -

6string79
02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Phobolous hands down...they are the most clean and most consistent. Their bowl is 9 out of 10 times consistent in taste and presentation.

metro
02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I just saw a new PHO place open up on Classen the other day. I forget the name of it.

John
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Phobolous and Mr. Pho are my favorites.

6string79
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I just saw a new PHO place open up on Classen the other day. I forget the name of it.

It's prolly nasty.

Andy1807
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I really like Mr. Pho. It's clean and consistent and their non-pho food is good too (for my wife)

The broth is the key.

ksearls
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
My name is Kim and I am a Pho addict.

Pho Hoa

6string79
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
My name is Kim and I am a Pho addict.

Pho Hoa

Pho Hoa is the worst offender of BAD SERVICE, cleanliness (they have the highest HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS), and their broth is fatty!!!!

A good clean bowl of pho has less than 7g of fat in it, provided you only order the RARE STEAK.

ksearls
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I've never had fatty broth there and always had great service. Where do you like to go 6?

6string79
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I've never had fatty broth there and always had great service. Where do you like to go 6?

Mr. Pho (Super Cao Nguyen shopping plaza)used to be the reigning champ of cleanliness, taste consistency, and service but they have dropped the ball slightly in the taste consistency. Sometimes you get a pretty salty bowl of soup and sometimes the broth contains fat at the stop of the surface..but those are rare occasions. 7/10 times the bowl is delicious. This is where I go during the work week since it is near.

Phobolous (Edmond on broadway) is the new champion in my opinion. The customer service, cleanliness texture (thinly sliced meats, onions, chives), seasonings, consistency, and contemporary environment (helps bring in the white folks/non-asian customer base) prove it is the new undisputed champion. 9/10 times the bowl is delicious and perfect. This is where I PREFER to go.

btw, I used to frequent Pho Hoa..but that was more than 3 years ago. I have banned it after 20 something bad customer service incidents with the last 2 incidents being the FINAL AND MAJOR straws.

:tiphat: All this talk about pho is making me hungry and craving it!

Dave Cook
02-04-2008, 04:51 PM
It's sort of ironic listening to you guys complain about health violations and pho. The two sort of go and hand and hand.

Last year, we used to leave the club in Ho Chi Minh City and head straight for the 3am pho stand in the street. The best pho you could ever eat.....but you'd have to share the sidewalk with the rats.

No health department in Vietnam, as far as I know.

6string79
02-05-2008, 07:55 AM
It's sort of ironic listening to you guys complain about health violations and pho. The two sort of go and hand and hand.

Last year, we used to leave the club in Ho Chi Minh City and head straight for the 3am pho stand in the street. The best pho you could ever eat.....but you'd have to share the sidewalk with the rats.

No health department in Vietnam, as far as I know.

yeah, but we're here in the United States...so we need to adhere to the standards here. You're comparing a 3rd world country to living conditions and quality of life over here. I still prefer the clean environment...You can have your cake and eat it, too. =)

Andy1807
02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I could seriously eat Pho for every meal.

bradbkj103
02-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Pho Hoa has like 40+ health violations where Mr Pho has like next to nothing. since were talking about fatty soup.. I think Pho 89 gets the award for fatty pho. Just look at the top of the soup bowl and make your own judgement. Also does anyone know of any other places we have not mentioned. I'd like to try them out.. I also tried out Pho Tai at the Golden Palace and it was decent and fresh and hot.. obviously its a buffet but it was not bad for them.

BRad-

TastyThaiBurgers
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
my favorite place for PHO is TASTY THAI. they also serve the best Chili's baby back ribs, and Whoppers, all for an affordable price, and top of the line service. 5 STARS!!!!

6string79
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I really like Mr. Pho. It's clean and consistent and their non-pho food is good too (for my wife)

The broth is the key.

hehe is your wife caucasion, Andy? :oops:

Andy1807
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
hehe is your wife caucasion, Andy? :oops:

she's not too bad. she can make due with vegetable fried rice and about half the time she gets Pho, but she's not as die hard about it as I am.

6string79
02-06-2008, 09:39 AM
she's not too bad. she can make due with vegetable fried rice and about half the time she gets Pho, but she's not as die hard about it as I am.

Word. Well I'm dating this Bulgarian chick and she is a pho enthusiast..she claims it's her favorite food. lol :Smiley077

metro
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
my favorite place for PHO is TASTY THAI. they also serve the best Chili's baby back ribs, and Whoppers, all for an affordable price, and top of the line service. 5 STARS!!!!

Dude, you keep referring to "Whoppers" at these Pho places. What's up with Whoppers and Chili's baby back ribs? Do these places order ribs at Chilis and whoppers at Burger King and re-sell them, or do they just offer their own version of these items?

6string79
02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Dude, you keep referring to "Whoppers" at these Pho places. What's up with Whoppers and Chili's baby back ribs? Do these places order ribs at Chilis and whoppers at Burger King and re-sell them, or do they just offer their own version of these items?

I think those guys are just being clowns..hijacking my homeboy's thread. What kind of f*cking place called Tasty Thai would offer whoppers and chili's baby back ribs...lol Tasty thai should offer pad thai and cute thai girls....not freakin whoppers with cheeeeese! :numchucks

TastyThaiBurgers
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Man... yall needa stop hating on the Tasty Thai.... you haven't tasted a REAL WHOPPER until you've dined at the Tasty Thai. located conveniently at the corner of MLK and SE 15th Street. Come now, come often, come again.

6string79
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Man... yall needa stop hating on the Tasty Thai.... you haven't tasted a REAL WHOPPER until you've dined at the Tasty Thai. located conveniently at the corner of MLK and SE 15th Street. Come now, come often, come again.

Bullsh*t! I looked that sh*t up on infospace.com and the yellow pages. It doesn't even exist. Quit making up crap. :fighting3

6string79
02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Bullsh*t! I looked that sh*t up on infospace.com and the yellow pages. It doesn't even exist. Quit making up crap. :fighting3

My bad..i just saw a flyer posted for it on the bulletin board outside my office. How crazy is that lol. :dizzy:

TastyThaiRibs
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Tasty Wins Again!

6string79
02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Tasty Wins Again!

My bro said that place tastes like sh*t.

TastyThaiRibs
02-06-2008, 11:51 PM
tell that to the hordes of customers that line up outside the conveniently located, with superb prices at no sacrifice to taste tasty thai restaurant!

if you're kid dropped the ball during a pick up game, you would understand.

if you're kid was walking home on the street, and somebody called him fat, and he ran home to you and cried, you would understand.

tasty thai!

6string79
02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
tell that to the hordes of customers that line up outside the conveniently located, with superb prices at no sacrifice to taste tasty thai restaurant!

if you're kid dropped the ball during a pick up game, you would understand.

if you're kid was walking home on the street, and somebody called him fat, and he ran home to you and cried, you would understand.

tasty thai!

F*CK tasty thai and their ripoff buck 99 burgers and chili's posters of baby back ribs!:fighting3

Karried
02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
There are various TOS agreements not being followed here.

Please acquaint yourself with the Terms of Service of this board before continuing to post on this forum.

http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, send a Private Message to the Moderators/Administrators.

metro
02-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks Karried, this was turning into a Asian District Pho/Thai mud sling contest.

6string79
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
There are various TOS agreements not being followed here.

Please acquaint yourself with the Terms of Service of this board before continuing to post on this forum.

http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, send a Private Message to the Moderators/Administrators.

This is all in good fun...I don't think anyone here is offended. Where is the love?

-Team No Love :tiphat:

Karried
02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Good fun = Yes
Love = Yes

Circumventing our profanity filter = No

http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php (http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php)

6string79
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Good fun = Yes
Love = Yes

Circumventing our profanity filter = No

http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php (http://www.okctalk.com/rules.php)

Sometimes light-hearted profanity is fun. :artist:

CuatrodeMayo
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Sometimes banning posters is fun too.

This thread is retarded and should be deleted.

6string79
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM

If you don't like it, then ignore it and carry on. No need to "hate."

TastyThaiRibs
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM

excuse me sir! but your use of the word "ret*arded" is quite hateful and i would discourage you from using it again.

lightly used profanity is one thing, but other, less profane words that are used in such a stigmatizing way is another.

if anything should be banned, it should be your anger!!!

Tasty Thai.

Martin
02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
alright... that's enough hating and that's enough advertising. talk about pho all you want, but if this thread doesn't get back on track, it's gonna get deleted. -M

6string79
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
alright... that's enough hating and that's enough advertising. talk about pho all you want, but if this thread doesn't get back on track, it's gonna get deleted. -M

*ONLINE POWER TRIPS* and "PHO HOA"

2 things I'm not too fond of.

But I will say I had a tasty large bowl of P2 (PHO TAI) at Phobolous last night and it was quite the bowl. Delicious and the aroma was just perfect. Let's just say all my senses were working at maximum capacity especially when I threw in the real deal Holyfield jalapenos and rooster sauce. Awesome preworkout meal consisting of fast acting carbs and super lean protein. :fighting3

6string79
02-08-2008, 09:36 AM
excuse me sir! but your use of the word "ret*arded" is quite hateful and i would discourage you from using it again.

lightly used profanity is one thing, but other, less profane words that are used in such a stigmatizing way is another.

if anything should be banned, it should be your anger!!!

Tasty Thai.

Even though we don't agree on restaurants, thanks for the backup mr. Tasty Thai. :hairyguy:

bradbkj103
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
i wish american food was as healthy as pho and other viet foods.. It seems like american food is so bad for you and fatning and BAD in general for you. A bowl of pHo has like 6-8 grams of fat.. and is SOOO great.. i actually eat Pho about every other day.. at least 4-6 times per week. I may soon turn into a bowl of pho but i think its better than eating at Olive Garden. and dieing from chicken pasta-

BraD-

bradbkj103
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
BTW is OKC talk like Vietnam or somthing.. its soo strict on language.. we are told what we can and can not say.. I thought this was the internet.. ohh i forget they are saving the world from the bad words.. .. They can sleep better at night knowning there protecting and saving the world.. of free speech

bradbkj103
02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
PHUC PHO is a really good pho place to eat.. on classen and 33rd.