View Full Version : Goldie's in Edmond - closing up shop?

Matt
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I heard a few weeks ago that Goldie's in Edmond (9th and Broadway) may be closing down so a new convenience store can go in on that corner. I called them, and they said it was uncertain, and up to the Edmond city council or something. But that's the last I heard.

I e-mailed them through their (incredibly in need of updating) website, but never got a response. I'd hate to see them close, as they have some of the best burgers in the city in my opinion--and I think this is the last Goldie's left in the OKC area.

Anyone know anything more about this? Any recent news?

Chefdavies
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
I love goldies. I'm really starting to hate that is seems edmondites seem to be going elsewhere for their food choices. But then again edmond has no one to blame but themselves. If you like the restaurants in your town frequent them

Midtowner
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Whaa? That place is an Edmond Little League institution!

It cannot go.

metro
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I love Goldies. Great burgers and pickle bar. They also have a few New Mexican dishes on their menu that are good.

Matt
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I love goldies. I'm really starting to hate that is seems edmondites seem to be going elsewhere for their food choices. But then again edmond has no one to blame but themselves. If you like the restaurants in your town frequent them

I went in there a few weeks ago for a late lunch and there was only one other guy in the joint. Now, granted, this was a weekday afternoon, not the dinner rush, but it was still kind of depressing seeing the place that empty.

OKCDrummer77
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I went there tonight (because of this thread). The food and service were as good as ever, but the crowd was rather thin, especially for a Friday night. It would sure be sad to see it go.

I tried to go to the Goldie's in Norman last May only to find it closed. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it had been gone by then?

solitude
02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I went there tonight (because of this thread). The food and service were as good as ever, but the crowd was rather thin, especially for a Friday night. It would sure be sad to see it go.

I tried to go to the Goldie's in Norman last May only to find it closed. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it had been gone by then?

Did you ask if there were plans to close?

OKCDrummer77
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Did you ask if there were plans to close?

No, I was afraid of dropping a bombshell on an employee who may not have known about it.

John
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Goldie's was packed tonight. Well, at least the parking lot was. I was just driving by...

OKCDrummer77
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Goldie's was packed tonight. Well, at least the parking lot was. I was just driving by...

That's good to know. Unfortunately, it may not matter. If, as the OP stated, they are closing to make way for a convenience store (yeah, Edmond doesn't have enough of those), it may not matter how much business they do.

Interestingly, no one here has yet said that they were GLAD Goldie's might be closing...

MikeLucky
02-13-2008, 09:15 AM

The Goldies in Norman is still open, it just moved. It is now in a bigger location on Alameda across from Chelino's just east of Sooner.

metro
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Anyone know if Barry Switzer is still a partner in Goldies?

OKCDrummer77
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
The Goldies in Norman is still open, it just moved. It is now in a bigger location on Alameda across from Chelino's just east of Sooner.

That's good to know. Thanks.

jbrown84
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
There's still one in Stillwater, in a nice, fairly new structure.

Matt
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM

That's good to know. Thanks.

Very good to know. I drove by the old location a couple months back and was disheartened to see it gone.

That gives me some hope that Edmond may relocate if they can't keep the current location.

DVDFreaker
02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Did Goldie's move to the Almadea location from Lindsey Street or is there another Goldie's on Lindsey Street?

MikeLucky
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Did Goldie's move to the Almadea location from Lindsey Street or is there another Goldie's on Lindsey Street?

just the location on Alameda....