View Full Version : New CVS and Tree burning...

u50254082
01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Couple of questions I wonder if you guys have overheard info. about...

What's the deal with the new CVS at Lindsey and 12th. East? The thing has been finished since early December and it still isn't open? Trouble getting the alcohol license?

Also, has anyone noticed how the city is dumping a lot of the collected tree limbs at a site NE of the intersection of Robinson and 24th East? I guess the recently decided to burn it, and these winds from the North are blowin' all the soot and smoke straight into my neighborhood. The last time my asthma was kickin' this bad was when I was 7 or 8 years old... :(

oneforone
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
CVS has done that with all of thier new stores. I know the stores at 89th and May, NW Expressway and Council sat empty for almost a month before they moved in.

venture
01-13-2008, 03:37 AM
You would think they would grind all the trees down for an endless supply of mulch. Or at least some more productive byproduct instead of just burning them.

oneforone
01-13-2008, 10:13 AM
You would think they would grind all the trees down for an endless supply of mulch. Or at least some more productive byproduct instead of just burning them.

Channel 4 did a story on this. The reason why they do not make mulch out these trees is because they do not know which trees carry disease or pests that will be passed on to other vegetation.

One or two of the landfills are grinding the trees down for absorbtion material to be used in the landfill.

Superhyper
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
The CVS on 12th will be opened in February, supposedly because they didn't want to start trying to train employees right before christmas. I don't know how much I buy that, but that's when they're scheduled to open.