View Full Version : Mathis Bros. commercials running on Los Angeles TV

magicchord
12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Why am I being punished like this? :)

Apparently the Mathis boys are opening 2 new stores in Indio and Ontario CA.

It's just a little disconcerting to see them on TV here. Sigh...

Intrepid
12-07-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought that they've always had stores (or at least A store) in Cali?

betts
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Haha! We like to share the wealth. Why should we keep those commercials all to ourselves here?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
When I lived in Denver, I saw one of their trucks go by once.

Evidently, they'll deliver just about anywhere.

teacher girl
12-08-2007, 02:57 AM
yes, i agree with betts...............we need to share the goodness of their commercials. they haunt me at night with all their dogs and babies and such

kevinpate
12-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Reminds me of the disconnect I felt several years ago in an ATL hotel when I flipped a few channels and suddenly found Tom Parks trying to pitch a Dodge at me.

tnajk
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
They already have one in Indio.

My husband is in the industry. When we lived in Denver he worked for Furniture Row (Here in OK. they have stores in Tulsa) Apparently, the guys at Furniture Row and the Mathis Brothers have some kind of agreement that they won't compete directly. (thus why there are no Mathis Brothers in Denver and no Furniture Row stores in OKC)
...but yes, if you're willing to pay the price they will deliver anywhere!

karlanee
12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Tnajk is right - they've had at least one store in Indio for years - I used to work for the printing company that did all of Mathis printing - and we did business cards, etc. for the Indio store as well - I was the customer service rep that helped them a lot.

magicchord
12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, apparently that's the deal: they now have a new store in Ontario, CA. Ontario is within the Los Angeles broadcast market, hence the commercials.