View Full Version : Lowe's to build 2nd Edmond store

metro
12-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Edmond land purchased for Lowe’s Home Improvement location for $5.4 million
Pamela Grady
OKCBusiness
12/5/2007

North Carolina-based Jemsite Development LLC – doing business as Lowe’s Home Improvement Stores -- purchased approximately 24.82 acres of land at the southwest corner of Covell and Kelly in Edmond from Covell Property Development LLC.
The land sold for $5.4 million at $5 per square foot. Plans are for the property to be developed as a Lowe’s Home Improvement Store and additional retail.

Mark Inman of CBRE|Oklahoma represented Lowes in the transaction and Lawyers Title Company handled the closing

metro
12-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm sure this will really help suburban sprawl! Blehhhhhh

John
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
This has been in the works for a while. The developer or store is paying to expedite construction on turn lanes/signal work on Kelly.

Covell is going to blow up, especially when they finish the railroad underpass work.

oneforone
12-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I wonder who will be next, Mcdonald's, 7-11, Starbucks... You can bank on a CVS being built up there because Walgreens is already there.

CuatrodeMayo
12-10-2007, 07:36 AM
"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more SPRAWL!"

bretthexum
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, I guess its too hard to drive to the existing Lowe's 4 miles away... whatever I guess

MadMonk
12-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Hmm...maybe they are planning on closing the existing one?

I wish they'd place one to compete with the Home Depot on NW Expressway.

hipsterdoofus
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM

No reason to close the current one? Its fairly new.

Edmond wants to build a library too, but what stinks is that the current library is very centrally located, so any new library will be fairly close to the existing one.

Rage_Kage
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Edmond wants to build a library too, but what stinks is that the current library is very centrally located, so any new library will be fairly close to the existing one.

It could go to the SW side near traditions.

MadMonk
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
No reason to close the current one? Its fairly new.

I'm not very familiar with that area so I don't know how old the "old" store is. Four miles is pretty close considering the spread they have between the rest of the stores.

bwana_bob
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
You people are really out of your element. It is 4.5 miles, not 4 miles, between the new Edmond Lowe's and the old one. I don't know about your car but it takes mine about 1.5 gallons of gas to get between these two places. I'm interested in doing something to save the environment so between carbon credits and putting shopping just beyond the reach of my driveway is my way of making a contribution. Plus, I don't like shopping at stores that are more than 5 years old and the Lowes on 2nd Street opened in 2002 - these are stores for pete's sake, not wine or scotch in a cask - they don't improve with age. In 10 years, we'll tear it all down and put in a Nordstrom's and plant some new trees - good new trees, not those shaggy overgrown old ones. For all of you who are offended by excess, I would ask that you not OKCTalk my Edmond.

jbrown84
12-18-2007, 07:58 AM
hahahaha

CuatrodeMayo
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
nice.

I AM PS3
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM

You want to know what I wish? I wish we'd get a Best Buy somewhere in Edmond. THAT would be cool!

Paul

hipsterdoofus
01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
You want to know what I wish? I wish we'd get a Best Buy somewhere in Edmond. THAT would be cool!

Paul

unfortunately retailers seem to understand that Edmondites will drive to Penn & Memorial for everything, so why bother? I kinda assume that the best buy at Penn & memorial IS the Edmond store!

Many moons ago there was talk of a shopping center behind mcdonalds at Kelly & Danforth and mention was made that best buy would be one of the stores...but it never happened.

I AM PS3
01-05-2008, 09:52 AM
unfortunately retailers seem to understand that Edmondites will drive to Penn & Memorial for everything, so why bother? I kinda assume that the best buy at Penn & memorial IS the Edmond store!

Many moons ago there was talk of a shopping center behind mcdonalds at Kelly & Danforth and mention was made that best buy would be one of the stores...but it never happened.

That's too bad. Penn/Memorial is a terrible intersection! I hate it and avoid it at all costs. Somewhere in the 2nd/Bryant area or even the I-35 corridor would be better.

Paul
-----------------------------------------------
I AM PS3 (http://iamps3.spaces.live.com)

hipsterdoofus
01-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Edmond IS planning on building a new library at some point (I know, not the same as best buy....)

OKCisOK4me
03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know if the construction costs of building a new Lowes will offset the cost of delivery or gas for the customer but it's because of rising gas costs that I can maybe understand why they want to put a location in north Edmond. As they always say, it's all about location, location, location. If you look at development in Edmond & Deer Creek, this would be a vital location for those future developments. And considering that most points north & west of here haven't really been zoned yet for commercial development, I think it will be a good thing. I feel sorry for the Westlake Ace Hardware that has been a tenant there at Danforth & Kelly for years. I hope Lowes doesn't put them out of business!