View Full Version : Beowulf

Karried
11-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Wow.. talk about eye popping graphics! This movie rocks... it is really amazing.

It is pretty graphic ( gory and scary) for young ones though - I wouldn't take anyone who can't handle scary scenes and violence.. other than that, it is mind boggling how well done this movie is... I didn't get to see it 3-D but even still, I got the gist of that without the glasses.

It's very, very cool.

Anyone else see it?

ad47aw
11-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I saw it. I read it in college many moons ago, and I think it's pretty faithful
to the book, especially the part about Grendel. Don't remember Grendel's
mother being quite that sexy though.

dismayed
11-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Someone told me that Harkins in Bricktown is showing it in 3-D. Anyone seen it there? What kind of 3-D technology is it... the old red/blue glasses?

Ginkasa
11-25-2007, 01:28 AM
The digital 3D at Harkins Theatres Bricktown 16 is FAR FAR FAR from the old red and blue. Here's the Wikipedia article on the technique: Real D Cinema (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema)

Basically, though, since it doesn't use the red and blue glasses none of the color quality is sacrificed. Everything is still very vibrant and bright. The glasses themselves are also a lot sturdier; they're made of plastic rather than flimsy cardboard.

If you're going to see Beowulf you need to see it in 3D (I've seen both and didn't really enjoy the 2D version). And the only place showing it in 3D in the OKC Metro area is the Harkins Theatres in Bricktown.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
The digital 3D at Harkins Theatres Bricktown 16 is FAR FAR FAR from the old red and blue. Here's the Wikipedia article on the technique: Real D Cinema (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema)

Basically, though, since it doesn't use the red and blue glasses none of the color quality is sacrificed. Everything is still very vibrant and bright. The glasses themselves are also a lot sturdier; they're made of plastic rather than flimsy cardboard.

If you're going to see Beowulf you need to see it in 3D (I've seen both and didn't really enjoy the 2D version). And the only place showing it in 3D in the OKC Metro area is the Harkins Theatres in Bricktown.

Does Harkins supply the glasses or do I need to go find a pair?

Karried
11-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes, I was thinking about it through the whole movie.. how cool it would be in 3D.

Most likely, we'll see it again at Harkins.

They should supply the glasses.... but now that you've asked, I'm really not sure.

redland
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM
The 3-D experience at Harkins is worth the trip. Beowolf in 3-D is really stunning!

Karried
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
So.... did you get the glasses at the ticket counter?

ad47aw
11-25-2007, 08:49 PM
#11.00 @ for 3-D. I believe I will pass.

Ginkasa
11-26-2007, 01:29 AM
The glasses are given to you when you buy your tickets. If you buy your tickets online or over the phone (or the cashier forgets to give them to you), then you can always grab them at Guest Services as well.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-26-2007, 07:10 AM
The glasses are given to you when you buy your tickets. If you buy your tickets online or over the phone (or the cashier forgets to give them to you), then you can always grab them at Guest Services as well.

Right on...Thanks!

Karried
11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
AMC Quail Spring raised it's prices to $9.00 per movie so for $2.00 more it might be worth it.

I always try to go to Maintenees or before 12:00pm on the weekends and spend $5.

It just adds up so quickly.

Jimmy's Big Toe
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Would this movie be okay for my kids to see? ages 9 and 5?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Think so?

Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence including disturbing images, some sexual material and nudity.

Karried
11-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Not if you ever want them to sleep again.

It's scary, gory and graphic - some scenes are pretty horrific actually ... (though maybe the 9 year old could handle it - it depends on their previous exposure .. I took my 10 year old but he has an older teenage brother so he has seen a bit more than the average 10 year old).

But 5 years old - No, no, no.

ad47aw
11-28-2007, 08:38 PM

At those ages, NO. Its pretty...intense.