View Full Version : Bellini's

metro
11-16-2007, 09:08 AM
My wife and I ate here last night. It's actually the first time for me, my wife had been a few times to the former one in Edmond. This is definitely one of OKC's jewel restaurants. Decor and ambiance was very nice (except for the loud table next to us that was having a party). Definitely a great place for date night.

Food- My wife ordered the formaggio pizza (3 cheese blend). We both thought it was excellent although the crust is a little on the crunchy side. I'm not sure how she liked the crispier than usual crust, however I like a softer crust. Portion size was good for the money on the pizza.

We shared a caesar salad (I thought it was very bland, didn't taste like a caesar and was cheapy, I highly don't recommend it). I ordered the Ravioli Scarpaccio which is a ravioli stuffed with italian sausage and is served with a spicy vodka sauce with red pepper flakes, crispy bacon pieces, proscuitto, and fresh basil. I must say it was quite good despite it not being what I expected. I'm used to a creamier vodka sauce, and this was more of a clear vodka sauce. I'd highly recommend this dish if it sounds good to you. The portion size was small for the money, but the quality is good. The complimentary rolls were great, but not as great as the bread I remember from Tommy's (the owner Tommy Byrd's other restaurant that use to be in Northpark Mall).

My wife had a bellini (which I rarely drink anything, however by far this was the best bellini I've ever tasted). I suppose that better be the case for any restaurant named after one.

Service - They seemed to have enough service staff in the restaurant and were not understaffed. They were very friendly but extremely SLOWWWWWWW. This seemed to be the case for every table I saw. When we arrived, the hostess was nowhere to be found and we waited about 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged us or the group behind us. The waiter was very nice and friendly, however extremely slow with getting things out.

Rating - Overall, I give the place 4 out of 5 stars, primarly because of the slow service.

CCOKC
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I used to go there quite frequently. They also have a great brunch. It can be quite pricey but the appetizers are pretty good and two people can share one and make a meal of it pretty easily to cut the cost down. I have to say I really like to go there in the spring and sit on the patio and have a Bellini feed the geese and stare at those enormous women that welcome you to Nichols Hills.

sooners83
11-23-2007, 08:38 AM
I used to go there a lot when they were in Edmond (Where Ted's is now). I loved their pizza.

metro
02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I took my wife here again for date night on Friday. We shared the fried sausage ravioli as an appetizer, it was good. We split one of the nightly specials, the prime rib and surf. It was a 10oz garlic rubbed prime rib with a Bourbon/Gorgonzola sauce and it also came with some jumbo fried shrimp, grilled veggies and a caesar salad.

The Prime Rib was OUTSTANDING! It was by far the best we'd ever had. The sauce on it was incredible! The shrimp were good too ( I ate two and I normally don't eat shrimp or seafood). The grilled veggies were okay, I'm a non veggie eating man. My wife enjoyed though. Neither of us were impressed by the caesar salad, it wasn't very good at all in fact. I definitely recommend Bellini's as one of the city's hidden gems and you don't often hear alot about or see advertising, but is one of the finer restaurants and has some serious true italian food!

We then proceeded (by surprise) to take her to Paseo for the monthly Friday Night Art Walk. It was a nice way to walk off dinner. Lots of cool art, etc. Got some pottery for the mother in law (always good to do fellas).

We then proceeded to a very packed out Cuppies and Joes for dessert (see review in C& J thread). All in all it was a nice romantic night with great food and reasonably priced if you end up splitting items and you don't end up overeating. Highly recommend any of the places we visited that night.

metro
02-09-2009, 11:04 AM
after re-reviewing my original review up at the top, I now wonder why we ordered the caesar salad again??