View Full Version : OU pays tribute to OK Centennial (great photo of campus)

Pete
11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
A smaller version of this was in Sunday's Oklahoman.

I also have a huge, high-res version... If anybody wants it send me a PM with your email addy.

Anybody going to the OU/OSU (or just near campus) should check it out:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res17zef/oumums1.jpg

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
That's pretty cool.

Andrew4OU
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, the mums are starting to wilt as of today. :( OU never fails to have beautiful homecoming displays!

john60
11-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Awesome, awesome work. After being an OU student for a few years and walking around our beautiful campus every day, I've come to expect nothing less. Norman looks incredible this time of year.

Gould Hall (Architecture Building with the horrible white windows in the top right of the picture) really looks out of place in such a great picture. It really looks bad, and really needs the renovations that are in its near future.

This picture is great--it belongs on the OU.edu home page.

BG918
11-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Awesome, awesome work. After being an OU student for a few years and walking around our beautiful campus every day, I've come to expect nothing less. Norman looks incredible this time of year.

Gould Hall (Architecture Building with the horrible white windows in the top right of the picture) really looks out of place in such a great picture. It really looks bad, and really needs the renovations that are in its near future.

The Gould renovations will be an improvement. Unfortunately the proposed design is more about blending in with the rest of campus rather than standing out as something modern. I know Collings Hall (education) is slated for renovation, not sure if that includes a new exterior or not. And then of course Gaylord Hall Phase II will have a big impact on the South Oval.

Now all we need is for A) G.L. Cross to be torn down and replaced with a modern, hightech science building for chemistry, bioscience, microbiology, zoology, and botany and B) Dale Hall and Copeland Hall torn down to make way for a new lecture hall/classroom/faculty office building that mimics the design of Gaylord Hall across the Oval. This building would be connected to a new tower that replaces fugly Dale Hall Tower (with better street presence, maybe ground floor cafe or coffee shop at busy Elm and Lindsey intersection) and multi-level parking garage above the current Dale Hall lot.

soonerliberal
11-22-2007, 10:48 AM

It now is! The University of Oklahoma (http://www.ou.edu)