View Full Version : Oh Gawd...New Pub coming to Moore

Easy180
11-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Well it's technically Norman, but I just rode by the old Indian Hills restaurant and the sign says

Coming soon...Moody's Pub and Grill

Not sure if a pub can make it there, but I am going to try like heck to help it along

:Smiley051

Beer on the eastside of I-35....Appreciate whoever is spending the money to help make my dreams come true :tiphat:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-10-2007, 11:54 AM
HAHA! Nice.

SWEEEET...My g/f lives right there off of 34th.

Thanks man!

CMSturgeon
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Between what major city blocks Easy? Haven't seen you around in a long time!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Between what major city blocks Easy? Haven't seen you around in a long time!

The NE corner of Indian Hills road and I-35. The now defunct Indian Hills Steakhouse is the place he's talking about.

MrZ
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I live maybe a mile from there. Will have to try it out sometime.

Easy180
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Not that it will make the beer taste any different, but the sign actually reads Mooney's not Moody's

Guess I was having a flashback to my papers back in college with that spelling

Forgot to add this Oh Gawd, but the sign said they are looking for someone with fully stocked beer fridge experience

Still trying to convince the wifey on that necessary appliance

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
She'd just fill it full of soda and juice for the little ones anyway.

As for a job...I doubt they'd pay me enough :D

CMSturgeon
11-15-2007, 08:49 AM
The NE corner of Indian Hills road and I-35. The now defunct Indian Hills Steakhouse is the place he's talking about.

Wait, it's taking over Indian Hills? Mann... I haven't eaten there.

kevinpate
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
> I haven't eaten there

Ahhhh, so it's your fault it closed ... mine too. It's been ages since I stopped there. Oh well, lucky for us lots of folks know how to sacrifice cattle for our pleasure.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Wait, it's taking over Indian Hills? Mann... I haven't eaten there.

Yeah, they shut their doors a couple of months ago...Nobody (that I know of) knew they were shutting down.

CMSturgeon
11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I think I have a clue here. Like 4-5 months ago we were going to eat there for my former mother-in-laws birthday. We made reservations on monday then went wednesday and it was closed due to water damage. I guess it never reopened. I did hear they have state-wide famous steaks. Is that true?

kevinpate
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
CM, it was good food the last time i was there, very good in fact. Yet I would say Indian Hill's, like Cattleman's earned a strong rep long ago and though very good, was perhaps not quite as grand as the repuation.

I still have very strong memories of Avalon, just outside Tulsa, as a quality though touch risky, late late night place for steak, and yet I've not been there for ages upon ages either.

Somehow, the older I get the more I'm willing to aim for for good company over exquisite fare. If I can combine both, so much the better, but any quiet spot with better than passable food and great company, be this my spouse or close friends, makes for an acceptably memorable eve.

MrZ
12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
My family used to go to Indian Hills Steakhouse all the time in the late 80's - mid 90's. I had not been back again until about a year ago. The inside changed some, but the food was still great. Sad to see it go.