View Full Version : Eddy's Steakhouse Closing at end of 07!!!

SoonerDave
11-02-2007, 10:09 AM
I was greatly saddened to read in today's Daily Oklahoman (11/2) that Eddy's Steakhouse has announced their intention to close at the end of this year.

Oklahoma City will be losing a landmark restauarant.

-soonerdave

escan
11-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Oh no!!! that's one of my standby favorites!!! Is Mr. Elias retiring?

SoonerDave
11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
That's what the ad in today's paper states. Says the "restaurant" is retiring as of 12-31-07.

metro
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Can someone please post the article?

solitude
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Metro, I missed an article, but here's the ad.
http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/32706/2005369040367348405_rs.jpg

kevinpate
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
We'll still have Jamil's.
I can cope.

escan
11-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Big difference. No comparison....Eddy's is much better.

kevinpate
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
to each their own view ... though come January some of us can still hold our view at our preferred table in our preferred establishment.

Pete
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Yet again, we trade a bunch of high-concept / chain places on Memorial for an institution and family-run place on the northwest side of town.

It still shocks me how that area continues it's downward slide when just a generation ago it was the best part of town.

sooners83
12-28-2007, 07:23 AM
I just saw in the gazette printed on 12/26 they are going to stay open for a few more months (it didn't give a date).

Page 37 if you want to see it.

Martin
12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
we went in early december and it seemed as if they were doing quite a bit of business. i guess they want to stay open as long as there's demand. it'd upset me if this was a "we're closin the doors" gimmick and they keep pushing back the date.

personally, i think the restaurant has seen better days. what i really enjoy about this place is the appetizers served before the meal... just a more unique touch than what most restaurants offer these days. the tabuli was good, but the cabbage rolls lacked flavor... just not as much spice as i remembered. the smoked ribs were pretty good. i ordered prime rib and it was quite flavorful... i enjoy a rare piece of meat but this was borderline raw. i think they could have probably cooked the center of that roast just a bit more, but that's a minor gripe for me, though other customers expecting 'medium' may expect a little more doneness. all-in-all, the meat was quite good.

however, what really disappointed me was that a couple others in our party ordered ribeye and didn't get ribeye. mistakes happen, no big deal, but what they were served was clearly a strip steak. when they commented on this, the waiter said that the two cuts look pretty much the same... which obviously isn't true. so... either the waiter didn't know what he was talking about or he was bending the truth to save himself the trouble. for a place that claims to cut its own steaks, the first possiblilty is unacceptable and the second is unacceptable at any restaurant.

that's not to say that one glitch ruined dinner. overall, it was a decent experience... i just think the place needs a bit of polish. -M

metro
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I saw that too sooner83. mmm, I highly doubt the "closing" is a "gimmick". They probably saw a significant number of first time and old customers who haven't been in awhile rush in since they heard about the closing. I can't blame them for keeping a landmark restaurant open a little longer due to demand.

Midtowner
12-28-2007, 12:34 PM
There's also Michael's if you're into the Lebanese steakhouse thing.