View Full Version : Rowling Says Dumbledore Is Gay

Intrepid
10-20-2007, 07:57 AM
The full article can be seen here: Rowling Says Dumbledore Is Gay | Newsweek Books | Newsweek.com (http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787)

Editor's Note: Story Updated at 9 p.m. ET, Oct. 19
J. K. Rowling, author of the worldwide best-selling Harry Potter series, met some of her American fans Friday night and provided some surprising revelations about the fictional characters who a generation of children have come to regard as close friends.

In front of a full house of hardcore Potter fans at Carnegie Hall in New York, Rowling, sitting on the stage on a red velvet and carved wood throne, read from her seventh and final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," then took questions. One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience erupted in surprise. She added that, in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonished fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

In answer to the question "Did Hagrid marry?" Rowling replied that sadly, no. The half-giant had a flirtation with a giantess but she found him "a tad unsophisticated" and the relationship never went forward. In response to the audience's groans of dismay, Rowling said, jokingly, "OK, I'll write another book." And when the audience continued to express disapproval added, "at least I didn't kill him."

Other minor characters, according to Rowling, came to happier ends. Neville Longbottom, Harry's meek and hapless classmate, married Hannah Abbott, another classmate.

—Peg Tyre

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
That's funny as hell.

PennyQuilts
10-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Dumbledore is not gay. He never HAS been gay!!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Oh thtop it, that's thilly.

Intrepid
10-20-2007, 11:41 AM

How do you know this?

Karried
10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
How silly all this is.. front page CNN...

He's a fictonal character for goodness sakes.. she can make him anything she wants to (and make millions while doing it). Who cares what his sexual preference is .. it's not like he was chasing Harry around and peeking under robes or anything...

Intrepid
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM

He's a fictonal character for goodness sakes.. she can make him anything she wants to (and make millions while doing it). Who cares what his sexual preference is .. it's not like he was chasing Harry around and peeking under robes or anything...

Exactly.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 05:13 PM

I'd rather this be on CNN than Paris Hilton. At least people care about Harry Potter.

Karried
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Speaking of media and Paris Hilton... have you seen Perez Hilton's site? .. he is soooo cruel.. unfortunately, I actually peruse his site occasionally.. and I hate myself for it. He is gross and mean.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Speaking of media and Paris Hilton... have you seen Perez Hilton's site? .. he is soooo cruel.. unfortunately, I actually peruse his site occasionally.. and I hate myself for it. He is gross and mean.

Think he's bad? Check out Tucker Max's site.

Karried
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
omg.. Sushi Pants Story.. sheesh, I'm still laughing.. that's some funny stuff.

Midtowner
10-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Tucker Max's first book -- excellent.

It can't all be true, but it's hilarious.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Tucker Max's first book -- excellent.

It can't all be true, but it's hilarious.

I've not read it. Probably because after spending about 20 minutes on his site, you get the distinct impression that -truth of the stories aside- he's a total douchecanoe and I don't want to give him a dime of my money.

Intrepid
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
he's a total douchcanoe

Now that's a new one! LOL

Midtowner
10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I've not read it. Probably because after spending about 20 minutes on his site, you get the distinct impression that -truth of the stories aside- he's a total douchecanoe and I don't want to give him a dime of my money.

For pure entertainment value, the stuff ain't bad. I got it for my younger brother for xmas a few years back. He loved it -- it's his favorite book.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, there's only so much misogynistic frat boy humor I can handle in one sitting...I doubt I could sit down and spend a couple of hours with it.

Jimmy's Big Toe
10-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Rumor has it that he and Gandolf from "Lord Of The Rings" have been "room mates" for many years. They live in a "compound" and raise rare white tigers together.

venture
10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh lord. LOL

Now would it be right to through out there that Sir Ian McClellen who played Gandolf (and Magneto and countless others) is openly gay?

traxx
10-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Rumor has it that he and Gandolf from "Lord Of The Rings" have been "room mates" for many years. They live in a "compound" and raise rare white tigers together.

They raise white tigers, who are also gay.:lol2: