View Full Version : Edmond to get new hospital

metro
10-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Integris plans new hospital for Edmond

by Jerry Shottenkirk
The Journal Record October 12, 2007

EDMOND – Integris Health officials said Thursday they are hoping to build a hospital along Interstate 35 in Edmond

Officials of Henderson Hills Baptist Church said they have reached a tentative agreement to sell 24.5 acres to Integris for $5.3 million.

The deal is pending approval of the congregation. Also, Integris and the church will work with Edmond city officials on planning and zoning issues.

Church members will vote on the matter during the weekend of Oct. 20-21. “Initially, we would like to build a 30- to 60-bed hospital at this site, and we will have room to expand as the need arises,” said Integris Health President and Chief Executive Officer Stanley Hupfeld on Thursday.

Kim Swyden, executive pastor of Henderson Hills Baptist Church, said it isn’t the first time a business has been interested in church land.

“As we have dreamed about the use of our undeveloped lands we have always talked about leaving that to God’s vision, but certainly a hospital was always near the top of the list,” Swyden said. “Others have approached us about selling a portion of our land and we have not opened the door to discussion, but this discussion with Integris seemed right.”

Hupfeld, Swyden, senior pastor Dennis Newkirk and Edmond Mayor

I AM PS3
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Integris plans new hospital for Edmond

by Jerry Shottenkirk
The Journal Record October 12, 2007

EDMOND – Integris Health officials said Thursday they are hoping to build a hospital along Interstate 35 in Edmond

Officials of Henderson Hills Baptist Church said they have reached a tentative agreement to sell 24.5 acres to Integris for $5.3 million.

The deal is pending approval of the congregation. Also, Integris and the church will work with Edmond city officials on planning and zoning issues.

Church members will vote on the matter during the weekend of Oct. 20-21. “Initially, we would like to build a 30- to 60-bed hospital at this site, and we will have room to expand as the need arises,” said Integris Health President and Chief Executive Officer Stanley Hupfeld on Thursday.

Kim Swyden, executive pastor of Henderson Hills Baptist Church, said it isn’t the first time a business has been interested in church land.

“As we have dreamed about the use of our undeveloped lands we have always talked about leaving that to God’s vision, but certainly a hospital was always near the top of the list,” Swyden said. “Others have approached us about selling a portion of our land and we have not opened the door to discussion, but this discussion with Integris seemed right.”

Hupfeld, Swyden, senior pastor Dennis Newkirk and Edmond Mayor

As a reference, does anyone know how many beds the current Edmond Regional Medical Center sports? I hear this new Integris facility is supposed to be a full service location, including a berthing center... something Edmond hasn't had in over 10 years. (It's relevant to me right now as my wife is expecting!)

Just curious.

Paul
--------------------------------------------
I AM PS3 (http://iamps3.spaces.live.com)