View Full Version : Papa Angelo's reopens!

metro
09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Man, this is good news. I loved this place. After they sold it, it became PapaDwano's (spelling?) but it was the exact same pizza. Dwano's then went out of business and has been for years. It was a staple in Bethany and probably the best pizza I've ever had. I'm glad to see the original owners reopening it. The trip over to Bethany is worth it. Mmmmm.

Papa Angelo’s

Papa Angelo’s reopened by demand in Bethany. Are you looking for that one of a kind, mouth watering, perfect pizza pie? Well folks, you have come to the right place!

Each one of the menu items are made from scratch, and as the owner Angelo DiGiantomasso says, “Our customers know that we take special care and we don’t serve what we don’t eat!” You can pick your own toppings for you one of a kind “pie” and sizes too!

Folks are driving from all over the city for this delicious pizza pie! You can choose from a 20” Empire, 18” New Yorker, 16” Large, 14” Medium, 12” Small and 8” Little Joe for your pizza pie!

Papa Angelo’s also serves Baked Ziti, Lasagna, Eggplant Parmesan, Spaghetti, Calzone, Meatball or Chicken Parmesan Heroes and for the lighter side they also serve salads!

So come in today and let the food speak for itself, you will be glad you did!

Open Monday thru Saturday 11:00AM-2:00PM for lunch and 5:00PM-9:00PM for dinner.

Make the short drive down 39th Expressway, to College Ave at:

Papa Angelo’s
3931 N. College Ave.
Bethany, OK 73009
405-491-6767

metro
10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, I finally got to reminisce and enjoy Papa Angelo's pizza once again. I ate their yesterday for lunch and it was just as good as I remember it years ago. For all you Okie transplant New Yorkers or you Falcone's or Gaetano's fans, I strongly encourage you to try out Papa Angelo's in downtown Bethany if you haven't yet. The owner is from the Bronx and his pizza is amazing. I've had both Falcone's and Papa Angelo's this week and Papa Angelo's is way better. Falcone's to me tends to overcook their crust. Papa Angelo's has a lunch special 2 slices and a 16 oz soft drink for $4.00. They don't take credit or debit cards so have cash or a check ready! I highly recommend the sausage or pepperoni.

sgordon77
01-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I was so happy to find this place. I just moved here from New Jersey over the summer. I was depressed when several people here told me that Domino's was good pizza. Papa Angelo's is great. They have a few Italian dinners, but the pizza is by far the best. I also recommend the Garlic Knots. They are very tasty.

metro
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I was so happy to find this place. I just moved here from New Jersey over the summer. I was depressed when several people here told me that Domino's was good pizza. Papa Angelo's is great. They have a few Italian dinners, but the pizza is by far the best. I also recommend the Garlic Knots. They are very tasty.

Indeed. sgordon, make sure you check out Falcone's (they have a place in Bricktown, N. May, and Edmond) as well as Gaetano's in Edmond. These are great NY/NJ style pizzerias with a nice italian deli selection as well. There are several threads on both of these places with reviews and such.

sgordon77
01-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll have to try the other 2 you recommend. I like Papa Angelo's because it's the "hold in the wall" type place, and in the northeast, they usually had the best food.

Metro, do you know of a good place to get a good northeast style sub? Jersey Mike's is ok in a pinch. I'm looking for a place that has really hard rolls, and where you can get cappacuolo and salami.

mcatadjuster
01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Ate there tonight. Excellent pizza and the garlic knots are very good. Thanks. Hope they get a new location.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Ate there tonight. Excellent pizza and the garlic knots are very good. Thanks. Hope they get a new location.

Do you know if the garlic knots at Papa Angelo's are like oil battered with real garlic, or just powdered? While I love Falcone's, I'm not a fan of the garlic knots because they are just dough balls with garlic powder on top, very dry.

I guess I'll have to give this place a try!

Sue Branham
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
The very best pizza I've had in OKC lately is at the Nomad on N. May. It's pretty much like the old Sussy's in the 60s (same family.) I'll have to try out the new place in Bethany. The pizza at Ned's on N. May in the 60s and Sussy's were really good. Too bad they're not in business anymore.

SoonerQueen
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Papa Angelo's bought out the old J-town Pizza in downtown Jones Oklahoma. To me J-town was the best pizza in the metro OKC area.We were very sorry to see them go out of business.

alan
08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
ate at Papa Angelo's tonight. loved it. wondering why i've never been there before or heard anyone talk about it.

you bethany people gotta learn to recommend the good stuff if you wanna keep it around!
lol.

seriously, you just gotta try it.

RealJimbo
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
But do they have carbonara? If not, where can one find good carbonara in the OKC?

Joe Kimball
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I ate here yesterday, and I'm going back today. The pizza (I had the plain) is amazing. It's the perfect balance between crispy and chewy. There was a bit of a wait, but I was there right at lunch, and the pizza was absolutely fresh as a result. Drink refills for the special are a quarter per; whatever. It became a staple for me.

CCOKC
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't stress enough that you need to get the garlic knots. My husband brought a whole order (12) home a few weeks ago and dropped them on the ground getting out of the car. I could tell he was seriously thinking about picking them off the driveway and eating them anyway they are that good. He didn't by the way but we were smelling garlic for a good week after that.

kevinpate
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
That's why one shouldn't spend any time cussin or fussin about droppin food. Gets in the way of the 5 second rule. FWIW, really tasty food can qualify for a 25 second rule.

alan
09-18-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah, i'd definitely eat the garlic knots off the ground. anything with that much garlic in it can take on a little dirt, no prob. lol

Cindie8696
10-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I kind of worry about Papa Angelo's now that Falcone's has opened up less than a mile down the road, in a better location.

metro
10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Falcone's service sucks, the Bethany location is a totally different Falcone's concept (family dining). $10 bucks says Papa Angelo's outlasts that Falcone's. Nothing has stayed for long in that spot, and Danny Falcone seems to have a poor growth strategy and a super inflated ego.

Cindie8696
10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Danny Falcone seems to have a poor growth strategy and a super inflated ego.I've heard that about his ego! (Although he's always been very nice to me the few times I've seen him.)

I love Papa Angelo's and hope they do well. I just live in Edmond so we don't get over there as often as I'd like.

RealJimbo
10-16-2009, 02:06 PM
It's that NY/Jersey personality. He's a good guy. Talk with him one-on-one for a few minutes and I think you'll agree. I couldn't stand Al Eschbach when he first came on the scene here but he's a good guy too, and loves Oklahoma.

ExtremistPullup
06-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Papa Angelo's, Great Pie and a Great Price.

I am from Long Island, NY, one day I was driving down 59th to work and saw the Italian flag awning and saw Papa Angelo's Pizza. Since I never heard of it, I knew it would be good.

Best pizza in OKC, ate their almost everyday at lunch.

He even put pictures I've taken of NYC on his wall.

They even have Boars Head!!!!

Roger S
02-21-2017, 12:01 PM
You can get Papa Angelo's take and bake pizza from the Edmond and 104th and May Crest stores now.

Haven't tried one yet so I don't know how the crust holds up to the way it comes out of their pizza oven but thinking about getting one to try cooking over direct heat charcoal in one of my vertical smokers.

Martin
02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
i've been wanting to try this out... really like papa angelo's pizza but am not usually up for travelling all the way to bethany to grab a pie.

my understanding is that their pizza will be available at sw 104th on thursday 2/23.

Roger S
02-21-2017, 12:58 PM
my understanding is that their pizza will be available at sw 104th on thursday 2/23.

That is correct... They did a test run recently at the 104th store.