View Full Version : Good Steakhouses - OKC

Clock4869
08-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Anyone have any recommendations? I've been to cattleman's, mahogany, and a few others. I haven't been to Ranch yet. Anyone have any experiences with them? Hows the food? Or if there are any others you think I should try please let me know.

dalelakin
08-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Mickey Mantles is excellent if someone else is buying:dizzy:

betts
08-31-2007, 06:31 AM
I really like the Ranch, and I've heard nothing but good things about Red Prime. I am planning to eat there soon.

jbkrems
08-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Tonight we are going to Red Prime Steak to celebrate my birthday. I'll write up a full report here very late tonight when I get back. I hear its really really good, and they really do push the envelope there.

Karried
08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your dinner..

ksearls
08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Make sure and have a black cherry mojito! They is tasty!

John
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Ranch is great. Boulevard is, too.

jbkrems
09-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Alright... as promised... we went to Red Prime Steak tonight to celebrate my birthday. We had a phenomenal time. Just outstanding. My parents were so impressed with the sophistication of Red Prime Steak that they felt surreal, "How can this restaurant be in Oklahoma City?" Also, my Mom said this was better food than other well-known steakhouses, e.g. Ruth Chris's, Flemings, Mortons, etc. She said it was even better than two independent steakhouses in St. Louis, where they are from.

The food was outstanding and delicious, and the service was par excellence. This may be the best restaurant in Oklahoma City, except for Deep Fork Grill. After we ordered our drinks, a waiter brought some crabcakes by, except they were not for our table. However, they looked so good we were inspired to get our own order. There are 3 on a plate, so each of us had one a piece as an appetizer, and they were the most PERFECT crabcakes one could ever have. They had bacon and dijon mustard in the recipe, and it just was delicious.

I then ordered the Iceberg Bowl, which is their version of the wedge salad thing, and it was good. Then we got our steaks, and my Mom got her shrimp, the "Giant Prawns." She said they were the largest shrimps she has ever seen, and she really enjoyed them. Dad got the 10 oz. filet with the black pepper crust and the brandy mushroom sauce, while I enjoyed the 16 oz. NY Strip with black pepper crust and the bearnaise sauce. Both sauces were good, but the brandy mushroom sauce was better.

We concluded our 2-hour dinner with a shared, warm fudge spoon cake, topped with vanilla ice cream, drunken cherries, and salted caramel sauce. It was delicious.

We really enjoyed our visit there. Everything was top notch in what could be the best restaurant in Oklahoma City, if not the best steakhouse.

Any questions from the gallery now???

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
My house is the best steakhouse. :D

But I'm really going to have to try out Red Prime soon...I guess I'll have to break out some long pants for that...They probably wouldn't appreciate my "summer attire" on a Saturday night.

Stinger
09-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Red Prime is very good. I'll definitely take out of town guests there to show off our city. It won't replace The Ranch in my "rotation".