City/highway miles per gallon: 26/35

Saturn Ion
Air pollution score: 9.5/10
Greenhouse gas score: 8/10
City/highway miles per gallon: 26/35

--Forbes

rugbybrado
08-21-2007, 06:31 AM
You forgot the vast majority of people on here dont care, they need a full size truck or suv to brave the wilderness in edmond or moore to get to work in the city.

Its their god given right.

MadMonk
08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
OKIEKAS, you're effin' crazy! LOL!!1111
[/RabidFoaming]

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Which one of those cars comes with the tallest high horse and heaviest smarm?

OkieKAS
08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
OKIEKAS, you're effin' crazy! LOL!!
[/RabidFoaming]

Ur absolutely right! LOL

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............:::drool::::::

OkieKAS
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Which one of those cars comes with the tallest high horse and heaviest smarm?

hehehehehe.........u said smarm.........

..............ain't gonna get me in one of those.........giddyup 409

icemncmth
03-02-2008, 05:35 AM
The funny thing about hybrids is in the end they don't save money. Too many reports have been done on this subject. For example the difference in cost between an accord and a hybrid accord...would take years for someone to recoup. Also the energy units it takes to make the batteries put a larger carbon footprint for a hybrid than lets say..a VW jetta diesel ..

Now my favorite hybrid is the GM Yukon..hybrid..heck it gets 1 mpg better fuel mileage than the standard gas engine..just look a the fine print in the magazines the next time you see the add!..

oneforone
03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I wonder how well these hybrids will be doing at 150,000 or 200,000 miles. I do not think we need to elminate gasoline powered cars. The american consumer has to realize that owning your car is the same as having electricty. You do not run your lights and heat and air endlessly because you know you will pay heavy bill at the end of the month. The same rule of thumb now applies to gasoline use. If you do not like paying an arm and a leg for fuel, learn to conserve so that your fuel last longer.

I myself do not mind paying high prices for gas or diesel. I see my vehicle as a luxury and not a survival tool. I somtimes complain but I am quick to remember that I could always take the bus, carpool or walk.

icemncmth
03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I have been a motorcycle rider for years.. 20 years ago when I would ride my motorcycle to work I would see maybe a couple of other riders a week...

Now I see several everyday. Go overseas and you will see small cars and a lot of bikes. My bike gets an average of 40 mph...and their are smaller bikes that get better than that. Heck some scooters will get close to 100 mpg!...

When I hear friends complain about the price of gas I usually turn to them and say.."well if you didn't drive a vehicle that gets 8 mpg you wouldn't feel the pain as much." The usual response is .."I need the room for my kids"!!...

We as Americans love are big vehicles..... Me I like things that get a high mph...

betts
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
The funny thing about hybrids is in the end they don't save money. Too many reports have been done on this subject. For example the difference in cost between an accord and a hybrid accord...would take years for someone to recoup. Also the energy units it takes to make the batteries put a larger carbon footprint for a hybrid than lets say..a VW jetta diesel ..

I drive a mini, so I don't need a hybrid. But, were I to get one, I wouldn't worry about saving money. I'd buy it because it helps the environment. If I broke even on the cost of the car compared to a regular car, that would be good enough. But, are you saying that because of the larger carbon footprint, it wouldn't even be better for the environment to drive one?

SoonerDave
03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I drive a mini, so I don't need a hybrid. But, were I to get one, I wouldn't worry about saving money. I'd buy it because it helps the environment. If I broke even on the cost of the car compared to a regular car, that would be good enough. But, are you saying that because of the larger carbon footprint, it wouldn't even be better for the environment to drive one?

It would make a lot more difference to me if "carbon footprint" weren't more of this idiotic global warming claptrap being sold to a doe-eyed American public. They do nothing to help the "environment," despite what you're being brainwashed to believe.

Do a little further reading about "hybrids" and you'll soon find out that these so-called "environmentally friendly" cars are perhaps the next-biggest scam being put on the buying public. "But it has the word GREEN in it, and it says "carbon" and "eco" a lot, so it must be good, right?"

Yeah, just like how everything with the word "digital" in it must be somehow "better."

*sigh*

-SoonerDave

MadMonk
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I have been a motorcycle rider for years.. 20 years ago when I would ride my motorcycle to work I would see maybe a couple of other riders a week...

Now I see several everyday. Go overseas and you will see small cars and a lot of bikes. My bike gets an average of 40 mph...and their are smaller bikes that get better than that. Heck some scooters will get close to 100 mpg!...

When I hear friends complain about the price of gas I usually turn to them and say.."well if you didn't drive a vehicle that gets 8 mpg you wouldn't feel the pain as much." The usual response is .."I need the room for my kids"!!...

We as Americans love are big vehicles..... Me I like things that get a high mph...
Do you have small kids in your household?

08hybridok
02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
You forgot the vast majority of people on here dont care, they need a full size truck or suv to brave the wilderness in edmond or moore to get to work in the city.

Its their god given right.

The Escape is a "SUV" just a small one.
I bought mine 2 years ago, and avg 32mpg. A V6 counterpart gets an estimated 20mpg, so roughly a 60%+ improvment. At the time they were priced at $28k Hybrid, and $23k gas. -$3k Fed tax credit & -$1.5State that's a difference of $500 more for the Hybrid. They also hold their resale value.
The closest I found was $27k for a FEH, gas ones avg $15-18k.

NYC Taxi fleet has a large # of Escape Hybrids with 100k-200k miles and reports no marjor problems. I estimate a savings of $300-800/yr on gas depending on $1.50-$4/gal price. I also only have an oil chage 1x yr (10k mi)vs every 3k/3mos (Another $20-30 per change, so another $60-$100 saved)

So I save $$, and still have cargo room and sit higher than a car, have ground clearance to get thru OKC potholes.

So it's whatever fits you, for me it works.