View Full Version : Radio Ratings

Jimmy's Big Toe
08-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey Soonerborn1973,

You are well versed in TV ratings....Do you know how local radio stations faired in the ratings? Please share what you know! Thanks

Jimmie!:ou2

drumsncode
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Relax, Soonerborn1973, I'll take this one for ya. The resident expert in radio ratings is Mark Shannon, at MarkShannon.com Home Page (http://www.markshannon.com)

You can probably email him and get a superbly formatted table. It seems he posted them on his website a while back.

SoonerBorn1973
08-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Relax, Soonerborn1973, I'll take this one for ya. The resident expert in radio ratings is Mark Shannon, at MarkShannon.com Home Page (http://www.markshannon.com)

You can probably email him and get a superbly formatted table. It seems he posted them on his website a while back.

Thanks. I've lost all contact with my old radio friends. I haven't paid attention to the Arbitrons in years.

bwana_bob
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Check out this site for OKC radio ratings:

FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more! (http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=17985)

Lurker34
08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
KOMA-FM Renda Classic Hits 7.4
KATT-FM Citadel Active Rock 6.7
KMGL-FM Renda AC 6.6
KRXO-FM Renda Classic Rock 6.0
KTST-FM Clear Channel Country 5.8
KKNG-FM Tyler Media Corp. Country 5.7
KJYO-FM Clear Channel CHR/Top 40 4.7
KXXY-FM Clear Channel Country 4.4
KTUZ-FM Tyler Media Corp. Regional Mexican 4.2
KKWD-FM Citadel Rhythmic 4.1
KTOK-AM Clear Channel News/Talk 4.0
KQOB-FM Chisholm Trail Adult Hits 3.4
KYIS-FM Citadel Hot AC 3.4
WWLS-AM/WWLS-FM Citadel Sports 2.7
KVSP-FM Perry Broadcasting Co. Urban 2.6
KHBZ-FM Clear Channel Alternative 2.4
KOKC-AM Renda News/Talk 1.4
KOJK-FM Tyler Media Corp. AC 1.0
KRMP-AM Perry Broadcasting Co. Urban AC 1.0
KINB-FM Last Bastion Station Trust Regional Mexican 0.8
KQCV-AM Bott Radio Network Christian Talk 0.8
KXBL-FM Journal Classic Country 0.6
KIRC-FM One Ten Broadcast Group Country 0.5
KRMG-AM Cox News/Talk 0.5

Latest Arbitron 12+ Mon - Sun. Renda has 3 of the top 4 signals in the market.

Jimmy's Big Toe
08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I never realized we had so many stations in OKC!!!! I heard through some friends that work in the building that the BOB morning show was very pleased with their ratings. (Although it's hard to tell from this list how morning shows did) I also heard that KOMA and The KATT did well.

Jack Wonder
09-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised at myself, but lately I've been listening to more of Jack FM??!?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-20-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm surprised at myself, but lately I've been listening to more of Jack FM??!?

That's pretty much the only station I listen to...Mainly because I can't STAND to hear people yammering away on my radio. I like music, not talk-radio. I didn't spend money on stereos, speakers, amps, and all the crap that goes with them to hear people tell jokes. I spent that money so I could hear Brothers in Arms cranked up to 11 in all it's SACD glory.

I would however, LOVE to be a DJ :tiphat:

oneforone
09-20-2007, 10:06 AM
That's pretty much the only station I listen to...Mainly because I can't STAND to hear people yammering away on my radio. I like music, not talk-radio. I didn't spend money on stereos, speakers, amps, and all the crap that goes with them to hear people tell jokes. I spent that money so I could hear Brothers in Arms cranked up to 11 in all it's SACD glory.

AMEN! I get tired of that and all the blasted commericals. Someone needs to tell Big Red Sports and Imports the stupid celebrity impesonations are old. Like I could really see Tony Soprano buying a freakin Kia.

Jack Wonder
09-20-2007, 11:42 AM

Agreed. If I want talk radio, I'll listen to it. What I don't want is DJ's talking about nothing so often that I feel less intelligent and more angry. (Caveman equation in place!) Plus, I hear DJ's laughing at themselves (Drew & Kaci) more than all of the laughing viewers combined...

But Jack's GREAT for strong music lineups daily.

And the smiley sigs are out of control on here! I can't conveniently get a *thumbs up/down* graphic, but there are two smiley's having a light saber fight??? "OKAY, that's real convenient??"