View Full Version : Guthrie broadband

Dark Jedi
08-03-2007, 12:49 PM
So, It looks like I am going to be purchasing a house in the Guthrie zip code. About halfway between Guthrie and Edmond.

What are the broadband options out there? I would really prefer not to use satellite if it is avoidable. Any line of sight providers that you know of?

Wbrook
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Check for Cox Cable in your area. Some areas have it, some don't.

Okiekatt
08-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Pray you have Cox in your area, if not, you're stuck with satellite.
After having high speed, I could NEVER go back.

tnajk
08-05-2007, 12:12 PM
We live in between Edmond and Guthrie and have Cox. What area are you moving to?

Dark Jedi
08-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Douglas and waterloo area.

CuatrodeMayo
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
My parents live just west of I-35 in that area. They have AT&T DSL.

FYI: You are way more Edmond than Guthrie.

tnajk
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Who are you reffering to? Me?

I'm further North off Seward Rd., but east of I-35 and we've got Cox. We're in a new neighborhood. I've wondered previously if builders sometimes had something to do with getting Cox lines put in? That's a big draw in these new houses.

Did you find out for sure what you have offered to you?

Wbrook
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I am near Douglas and Waterloo and we have Cox. Not sure if everyone out this way does or just the builders or developers as tnajk suggests.

Marko
08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Hell, Im close to Douglas and Waterloo but no Cox...?

Marko
08-08-2007, 11:11 PM

Yes...who are you talking to....little mister "Guthrie Sucks"?

CuatrodeMayo
08-09-2007, 07:42 AM
No. I am speaking to the original poster. I am referrring to the fact that intersection of Douglass and Waterloo is only 1/2 a mile north of Edmond city limits. http://www.edmondok.com/special/citylimits.html

Due to a lack of a smiley in your post, I am going to assume you took my "Guthrie sucks" comment to be my true opinion regarding the city. It was not...only a joke. Guthrie doesn't suck. I like downtown Guthrie. I think it is underutilized and could be a fantastic destination with the right leadership.

Marko
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Did you read the text under the map? "Do I really live in Edmond?" All of the area north of Waterloo in that area is Guthrie schools, most of it Guthrie telephone prefixes, 911 calls go to Guthrie central, a majority of it has Guthrie zips, and in fact the Guthrie city limits technically by means of a so-called "Fenceline" (a thirty foot wide strip) borders Waterloo road for several miles.

Due to the lack of I smiley in your original "Guthrie Sucks" post yes I assumed you were not joking....:Smiley112

Wbrook
08-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Hell, Im close to Douglas and Waterloo but no Cox...?

I'm in one of the newer neighborhoods so maybe the developer worked a deal with them.

Dark Jedi
08-09-2007, 02:19 PM
My parents live just west of I-35 in that area. They have AT&T DSL.

Yea, I was a little baffled to see it show Guthrie schools and Guthrie zip/post office myself.

Seller started playing games, waffling on offer. Looks like a no go on the sale, looking still.
:Smiley145

Wbrook
08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry it didn't work out. There are some great new homes and neighborhood in this area though. Good luck in your search.