View Full Version : Panda Express

Blairman
07-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Has anyobe else been to the new Panda Express on NW Highway ?

Went this weekend, the drive thru was EXTREMELY slow, and seemed a little over priced for average take-out. Not exactly impressed

metro
07-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I think it just opened this last week. As always give the new restaurants time to work the kinks out, especially a new concept to our market.

NikonNurse
07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it opened within the last4 days....

traemac
07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
opened on Thursday, orange chicken was good not impressed with anything else

OKCGRL99
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
opened on Thursday, orange chicken was good not impressed with anything else

I'd agree, I liked the orange chicken, but the Lo Mein was very dry. I'd probably give them another shot though. The service was good, but I went inside and there was no one waiting.

venture
07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Orange Chicken is the only thing to get from them. That is their main offering. Use to get food from them everytime I flew through O'Hare Airport in Chicago.

teacher girl
07-16-2007, 10:00 PM
UGH, they had those in DFW when I lived there and HATED them! the food wasn't very good and it was WAY overpriced!! I went through the drive through, didn't go it it's better to go to pei wei YUM

mcatadjuster
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I haven't tried the one here, but the Kung Pao is great also. The usually have a monthly special/recipe and had Kung Pao Beef that was superb. The food is more California Asian than what we are used to. The more you eat it, the better it gets.

Express Girl
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
The food is more California Asian than what we are used to. The more you eat it, the better it gets.

I was crazy for the Orange Chicken when they first opened a location in San Antonio, but now i can't eat there. They put a lot of effort into preparing the food during the first few months, then it became routine and wasn't the same :(

keving
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I ate at Panda Express last week... fried rice was horrible, almost inedible. Everything else was mediocre. They also forgot to give me my spring rolls. Probably won't visit again.

Also, I am confused as to why Taco Cabana left that location. Every time I went there (different hours throughout the day) they seemed to be doing pretty well.

ultimatesooner
07-31-2007, 08:22 AM
watch out for the live roaches under your rice

MadMonk
08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I ate at the Panda Express on NW expressway this past weekend. Maybe my expectations for a drive-through chinese weren't very high, but it wasn't bad. The lo-mein was a little dry, but a little soy sauce fixed it. I had the hunan beef (not very good) and the orange chicken (pretty good). I loved the spring rolls. Very fresh and with a perfect crispy exterior.

theilluminatedfirefly
06-03-2013, 08:15 AM
There is new activity at the Denny's that was just built a few years ago north of the intersection of May & Memorial (north of Barnes & Noble, next to Taco Bell). Denny's closed last year and the site has sat there vacant for a while. It's a nice new building and just recently I've noticed crews in there doing construction.

Any idea what is going in that space?

jn1780
06-03-2013, 08:31 AM
There is new activity at the Denny's that was just built a few years ago north of the intersection of May & Memorial (north of Barnes & Noble, next to Taco Bell). Denny's closed last year and the site has sat there vacant for a while. It's a nice new building and just recently I've noticed crews in there doing construction.

Any idea what is going in that space?

Sorry I meant S&B burgers.

Edit.

theilluminatedfirefly
06-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Really? Glad to see someone taking over that space. I've heard good things about S&B Burger's.

We will have plenty of burger places over here - Smash Burger, Five Guy's, not to mention Johnnie's.

Thanks for the intel.

theilluminatedfirefly
07-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Looks like they are also developing and building something new next to the S&B Burgers place. Any idea what that will be?

Also, I noticed yesterday the sign is up at S&B.

Pete
07-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Looks like they are also developing and building something new next to the S&B Burgers place. Any idea what that will be?

Also, I noticed yesterday the sign is up at S&B.

Which direction from S&B? North, south, east?

theilluminatedfirefly
07-02-2013, 10:12 AM
North of the S&B, right next to it. The lot touches the QSM access road; 140th I think.

Pete
07-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Panda Express.

theilluminatedfirefly
07-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Sweet!

theilluminatedfirefly
11-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Update -seems like they are taking foooorever building the Panda Express. They had to fill in a lot of the land because it was on a slope, but seems like it taking a lot longer than the usual fast food joint.

The building also looks like it is two stories. Not sure what that is about. I can't imagine that it is a functional second story, but I don't know why they are bothering to build it that tall. Anyone heard anything?

warreng88
11-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Update -seems like they are taking foooorever building the Panda Express. They had to fill in a lot of the land because it was on a slope, but seems like it taking a lot longer than the usual fast food joint.

The building also looks like it is two stories. Not sure what that is about. I can't imagine that it is a functional second story, but I don't know why they are bothering to build it that tall. Anyone heard anything?

I passed by it today and kind of thought it resembled the new McDonald's on 23rd and Penn, just smaller.

Pete
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
It's going to be one of the new Panda Express prototypes:

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/galleryformatter_slide_penton/gallery_images/PandaExp_ElevationView_600.jpg

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/galleryformatter_slide_penton/gallery_images/PandaExp_RibbonCutting_600.jpg

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/galleryformatter_slide_penton/gallery_images/PandaExp_BlocksVersion_600.jpg

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/galleryformatter_slide_penton/gallery_images/PandaExp_CommunalTable_600.jpg

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/galleryformatter_slide_penton/gallery_images/PandaExp_DigitalSignage_600.jpg

http://nrn.com/site-files/nrn.com/files/imagecache/medium_img/uploads/2013/03/panda-exterior-promo.jpg

warreng88
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
That explains the design. Thanks Pete.

theilluminatedfirefly
11-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks Pete. Now if they will just open it. I'm hungry!

Dustin
11-06-2013, 04:46 PM
A panda bowl with white rice and string bean chicken sounds so good right now. This place needs to open.

Dustin
11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Also, does anyone know what is going in right next to the Market at Quail?