View Full Version : What's goin' on?

wheeler
06-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Went to my first Redhawks game last week. Wow! Some gates were closed, pop machines out of order, (they take your money but give nothing back),the food court has really declined--lemonaid not fresh made anymore, all the things kids love, i.e. cotton candy, sno cones, corn dogs, funnel cakes--have now been reduced to one location and no one sells them in the stands, (well, one guy walked past me once, he had cotton candy but he was sooooo less than enthusiastic I thought maybe he was selling something he was ashamed of) Lots of the drinking fountains were not working, I saw ushers just standing around while two groups were searching for their seats (which, it turned out were occupied) The place just seemed less clean than before. There also seems to be a lot less staff available.

A friend told me that the old "Two for Tuesday" has had a marked change as well. This year you only get two tickets, they have eliminated the hot dogs and drinks for the kids. Now the only bargain drink that is offered is the Thirsty Thursday dollar BEER!!! No longer the hot dogs and soft drinks for the kids. I thought baseball was a family thing! Who are we catering to here? I saw several patrons that had had more bargain beer than they should have-no one seemed to care. Last year they would have been a lot more under control.

Is it me or is there a BIG problem here?

Intrepid
06-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Just a random thought, but maybe the recent weather has had a negative impact on attendance and therefore effect concession sales as well?

Perhaps things will pick up once the weather changes....let's hope so anyway.

wheeler
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
The day I was there the weather was beautiful. I think attendance may be down, (if it is) because of the problems. Most of the problems I mentioned could not have been caused by the weather.
I forgot to mention that there are no concerts being offered this year as there have been in the past. I wonder how long before the fireworks are cut......

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-21-2007, 11:23 PM
I think what he meant was that with us having only one or two days in the last month without rain, people aren't going to be able to (or want to for that matter) spend a day doing something like go to a ball game. They're going to cut their grass, weed their landscaping, paint their house, wash their car, etc.

That's what's kept me away from there anyway. Too many chores to do on those rare occasions when the great fireball in the sky is loosed upon my sadly untanned face...So I smile in reverence at The Daystar as I go about my chores, happy to be fortunate enough to have it's rays upon me, an icy beverage in my paw....And because I have a riding lawn mower.