View Full Version : Zorba's

JWil
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
When does the new location across from Best Buy open? I'm wanting to try that place out when it moves to the new location. So, any word?

blitz00taz
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
They are open now go and try it is great 100% better than before

doglover
04-15-2008, 02:12 PM
We are getting a great selection of ethnic restaurants in Oklahoma City now.
I recommend NuNu's Mediterranean Cafe and Market in north OKC.
I eat there regularly. The kafta and cabbage rolls are great and they offer a nice sampling of middle eastern foods.
Located on memorial just west of May Ave(near Starbucks.) Tele (405)751-7000

citizenkane
04-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Over the years, the food at Zorba's has gotten progressively worse, and these days I refuse to even eat there. The last time I went there, the tabouli was completely unacceptable (soggy...I guess it had been made a few days prior). Why go to Zorba's when you can just go to Mediterranean Deli down the street and have a good meal?

sooners83
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I have been there 2 times since they have moved and it was very good. Also, it was good in the weeks leading up to the move. I am not sure if you went on a bad day or not, but I will still go there.

Rifleman2C
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I have been there 2 times since they have moved and it was very good. Also, it was good in the weeks leading up to the move. I am not sure if you went on a bad day or not, but I will still go there.

I went there back in November of 2007 after they moved and re-opened and the food was just as good as ever. Now, I will say that the atmosphere has changed... a lot more folks serving a lot more customers. Which means it is generally less personable than it was back in the much more 'cozy' setting on 45th(?) and May.

But when I am in OKC, I will eat there again. I'm just one of those loyal customer types with good memories of the good food they serve.

Turanacus
05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
ate at the new location twice, very good, extremely fast. i ate a spicy gyro at the arts fest, i wish Zorba's had this gyro, it was the bomb diggity.

eataroundokc.com
05-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I think Zorba's is ok, but not the best option in town. And, I'm personally not very fond of the new atmosphere.

Martin
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM
i'm sure you've been to quite a few places, eataroundokc... who do you think is better?

currently, i like this place called mediterranean grill near 74th & western... but, to me, the best gyro in the metro area is greek house in norman.

-M

eataroundokc.com
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
mmm ... for plain and simple gyros and fries, i think Athens in Bethany is really good. The meat is more moist and flavorful and I think the cost is a little less too (though they did just raise their prices, but who hasn't lately).

For full-featured Mediterranean fare, I like Cous Cous Cafe and also Mediterranean Deli and Imports, both on May Ave, not far from Zorba's.

fromdust
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM
mmm ... for plain and simple gyros and fries, i think Athens in Bethany is really good. The meat is more moist and flavorful and I think the cost is a little less too (though they did just raise their prices, but who hasn't lately).

For full-featured Mediterranean fare, I like Cous Cous Cafe and also Mediterranean Deli and Imports, both on May Ave, not far from Zorba's.

im with you. cous cous is hands down better than the crap they serve at zorbas.

Turanacus
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
that chicken on the rice is the BOMB

Rifleman2C
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
:backtotop

So, there seems to be a bit of a backlash against the move and the new, more impressive locale, if I am reading this right...

In your opinion, did Zorba's change their food? Or was it more of a change in the atmosphere that made you notice other places? Or just simply the extra availability of a couple of new Med restaurants?

Just curious...

eataroundokc.com
06-07-2008, 10:41 PM
:backtotop

In your opinion, did Zorba's change their food?

I don't think the food changed. I was never much of a fan, even at the old location. It's not bad, I just not great IMO and think there are better options out there. Obviously, there are many who disagree with me, but that's my take.

Blazerfan11
06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
go across the street to the new Cous Cous cafe. Great Moroccan food. On Fridays they have a Lamb cous cous that is faaaaaaaaaaabulous.

MestaParkMan
06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I have been to Zorba's twice now since the move and I was not that impressed.

The was the results of the last visit:

The service was bad (brought the entree within a couple of mins of the apps and also held the check hostage when we were ready to go). The food was ok and not worth the price. The gyro meat was greasy and tough. The best part was the hummus but that did not save the meal.

ou1234ou
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
wow i have been to zorbas 3 times now and the best was last friday they have live flamenco dancers and paella that was good. my wife and i also had the tom. artichoke soup and artichoke spinach dip they were really good as well.. does any one know who else has good dip and soup. i had the kabobs the time before and they were the best i a have had zam zams and mediteranean deli and they cant compare..... i am new at this food and i would love new suggestions.....

lovefood
11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I have been eating at Zorba's since they opened. At new location food and atmosphere is better than ever. What I don't understand is some people try to compare Zorba's with other mediteranian food place. Zorba's is in a different cathegory and should be evaluated along with Olieve Garden, Zeo's and such. It is like a 5 star restaurant and it's food can not be compared with any other mediteranian food place any where in this city or even some of the best restaurant in Dalls and Houston where I have tried this type of food. It is a mediteranina place in the city that stands alone.

flowergarden6818
12-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks, OU1234OU you were right, Zorbas Tom. Artichoke soup is the best. I am a lunch kind of person so not to fam. with there dinner menu since it is different.?.But if you want to try a Tom. soup that comes close try 501 Cafe.....
I agree with you lovefood you can't compare Zorbas to other Mediteranian food places if you want to compare...compare Med. Deli and Nunus,. but not with Zorbas they are more like a grocery store not a rest. and with comparing them with a food chain I dont want to compare them that way cause I do not want them to turn into a chain, THEY ARE PERFECT THE WAY THEY ARE !!!

trousers
12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm just not a fan of the new location. Its more expensive & not as personable. I'll still eat there, but I'm more likely to try of the other options.

stickboy
12-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I agree with completely with trousers.. I used to go to Zorba's all the time, but since it has moved I've only been there once.

justinT88
12-31-2008, 02:31 AM
What is the best thing to eat there?

bravofriendly
01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
At lunchtime I usually get the gyros. My favorite dinner so far has been the Moroccan chicken and the kabobs are also great. I've never really had anything that I didn't like there, though one of my friends mentioned that he found the lamb underseasoned.

Millie
01-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I have been eating at Zorba's since they opened. At new location food and atmosphere is better than ever. What I don't understand is some people try to compare Zorba's with other mediteranian food place. Zorba's is in a different cathegory and should be evaluated along with Olieve Garden, Zeo's and such. It is like a 5 star restaurant and it's food can not be compared with any other mediteranian food place any where in this city or even some of the best restaurant in Dalls and Houston where I have tried this type of food. It is a mediteranina place in the city that stands alone.

Since when are Zio's and Olive Garden 5 star restaurants?

gen70
01-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Wasn't there a Zorbas in Norman at one time?

flowergarden6818
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
*gen70*
To answer your question, no Zorbas did not have a location in Norman. I know the owner and I asked him. They started in 1991 on 46th and North May and in 2007/2008 moved to there new location located on 60th and North May. Odviously they are doing well they are always busy when I go there to have lunch or dinner.

sooners83
02-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I went in for lunch this week and see you have to go to the back to order now (not that it matters to me, plus all I had was a to-go order). Didn't they use to wait on you during lunch?

bravofriendly
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
I've never been there during lunch and been seated to order though it is that way at dinner.

OklahomaJames
04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
The answer to the question, was the move for Zorbas good or bad?
Well I have recently been to Zorbas in the past few months and have even got to know the owners as well. They are always busy, open to new ideas, and always improving, so personally I think the move had to be good if they are doing so well.

The family and staff there is wonderful. I have had the best service there every time I have gone. They are very aggressive and attentive to all of my needs.

I have been to a lot of different Mediterranean restaurants around Oklahoma because I have lived here for about 3 years now and honestly I was loosing faith in good Mediterranean food in Oklahoma until I went to Zorbas.

They have a great menu from lunch to dinner; there are so many different options you can not get bored with it. And every time I go it seems to get better and better.

They also have great entertainment. Friday they have Flamenco Dancing and Saturday they have Belly Dancing and all I can say is WOW!!!! It is like a huge family party everyone gets involved, it is so fun.

MoeStooge
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
So many different options? Methinks you are reading off their business card or something.

The old Zorba's was good, the new one is disappointing.

metro
04-20-2009, 07:57 AM
I disagree, the new Zorbas is wayyyy better than the old Zorbas. The food and atmosphere got dramatically better overnight.