View Full Version : Need Help

Karried
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Has anyone ever heard of having an Accountant or Bookeeper do a one time consultant/reconciliation job..ie freelance?

In trying to convert our records to a new software program, I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed and stressed beyong belief. I'm not an Accountant, my brain doesn't work that way. I hate numbers and I get easily confused over the tax laws etc etc.

Do any of you know of a recent college grad that might be interested in reconciling some bank records and general ledgers?

Midtowner
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
How big a job is it? I have a friend who runs a software company which among the many things it does can write custom programs to convert databases.

Otherwise, you might call a CPA, and if they don't do that sort of thing, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Karried
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks.. we do have the software.. it's just reconciling our books (general ledgers etc ) to make sure what we put in the new system is 100% accurate.

I would like to find a bookeeper/CPA student or graduate that can do some part time freelance work.

Midtowner
06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't know anyone, but have you thought about posting a help wanted ad on the jobs bulletin board down at UCO's college of business?

Karried
06-06-2007, 07:32 AM
That's a good idea....

Honestly, I was hoping someone would say 'Karried, I love numbers & accounting so much, I'll be right over and help you out' but that hasn't happened yet..lol

Midtowner
06-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Karried, I love numbers & accounting so much, I'll be right over and help you out'

Of course, that's a big 'ol lie.

-- I tell lots of those because I'm an evil person.

kmf563
06-06-2007, 07:44 AM
ha. actually karried, I do love numbers and accounting very much and would be happy to help you out. I haven't worked with accounting books in at least a year though. I'd be willing to take a look for you at least. Which software are you converting to? How far back are these books going? And when is the last time they were reconciled?

Karried
06-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I just saw this.. I'll send you a PM with details tomorrow.. thanks!

I think it's Pretty simple for an accountant... for me, not so much. :bow:

actionman
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I use Toni Marks (Marks & Round) on the NW Side by Expressway & MacArthur. I've used her for years and I love her. Call her and see what she recommends.

oudirtypop
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Karried, I Have A Buddy That Just Graduated With Accounting Degree. He Is In Dallas Now, But He Might Be Interested. He Is A Whiz When It Comes To Stuff Like That, Message Me If You Want Me To Get Him In Touch With You.