Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Default Re: Walmart SW 104th

There is going to be so many stop lights in this area it's going to be ridiculous.

2. Default Re: Walmart SW 104th

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    There is going to be so many stop lights in this area it's going to be ridiculous.
    I take this route to work every day, I hope they time them so they are all green at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    I take this route to work every day, I hope they time them so they are all green at the same time.
    Agreed. If not I imagine it's going to be a nightmare. If they don't I recommend submitted a service request for the city to synchronize them and keep submitting until they do.

*Off topic* The Bell isle Walmart has really stepped up their game. I don't ever have anything good to say about Walmart, but my experience today was very pleasant. The isles were clean and fully stocked, produce looked good, and about 3 employees asked if I needed anything. That's a record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    *Off topic* The Bell isle Walmart has really stepped up their game. I don't ever have anything good to say about Walmart, but my experience today was very pleasant. The isles were clean and fully stocked, produce looked good, and about 3 employees asked if I needed anything. That's a record.
    That's because they're undergoing a remodel. Walmart has always ramped up their staff during a remodel because they can blow their payroll that year anyway to lump in with the remodel cost. Then over the next several years, they slowly thin out payroll through attrition and not replacing emptied positions. They usually do a 7 or 8 year remodel/refresh cycle in each store, so that reduction goes over that length of time before being ramped up again for another re-do. I will never miss working for that company lol.

6. Default Re: Walmart SW 104th

Ugh they put in a light in front of Walmart's gas station as well. 4 lights in less than a quarter of a mile.

Getting OUT of that walmart is going to be a nightmare. I dread Christmastime. I just hope they get that I44 service road cut in quickly.

Ugh they put in a light in front of Walmart's gas station as well. 4 lights in less than a quarter of a mile.
    Where are the other lights? I haven't been down that street since the last time I was in town (Feb).

9. Default Re: Walmart SW 104th

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Where are the other lights? I haven't been down that street since the last time I was in town (Feb).
    There is one at Portland, one at each on/off ramp of I-44 and one where the Walmart gas station / entrance is.

Yep they have totally messed this area up with lights. Are sure hope all 4 are synced if not going to suck. If they aren't I plan on putting in a request to sync then continually until it's done.

The lights come with the Walmart. You haven't seen nothing yet, in less than five years this area will be just like Penn and Memorial or 19th street in Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The lights come with the Walmart. You haven't seen nothing yet, in less than five years this area will be just like Penn and Memorial or 19th street in Moore.
    It will also become one of the worst for accidents, because the service road paralleling I-44 south of 104th is not controlled by the lights, just the northbound exit ramp to 104th. Until they rebuid that service road and integrate that exit, you'll have people coming onto 104th from a stopsign literally 30 feet from a controlled intersection. It's already a hazard as it is with people all-but ignoring that stop sign yapping on their freakin' phones. I've nearly been broadsided more than once there. Infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    It will also become one of the worst for accidents, because the service road paralleling I-44 south of 104th is not controlled by the lights, just the northbound exit ramp to 104th. Until they rebuid that service road and integrate that exit, you'll have people coming onto 104th from a stopsign literally 30 feet from a controlled intersection. It's already a hazard as it is with people all-but ignoring that stop sign yapping on their freakin' phones. I've nearly been broadsided more than once there. Infuriating.
    I'm pretty sure they just recently added lights at all these now. There are 4 sets of lights, one on Portland, one on exit ramp for southbound, one for exit ramp north bound, one at the new entrance to Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just recently added lights at all these now. There are 4 sets of lights, one on Portland, one on exit ramp for southbound, one for exit ramp north bound, one at the new entrance to Walmart.
    That does not include the service road that runs parallel to I-44.

I drive this route every day on the way home. The intersection on the east side of the highway is (or will shortly be) light controlled for the exit ramp and interchange. The entrance to WalMart will be controlled. The service road, however, which is ever so slightly east of the interchange, does not appear to have any light control pending.

I am hoping this is because there is some plan in someone's head to rebuild that service road, and then integrate the exit ramp, which is how most other such exit/service roads are handled. Right now, that service road is a nightmarish, pothole laden mess that was never thought to handle even a micro-fraction the traffic it will start handling as people from the SW 119th area start using it to get to WalMart. For the last twenty-plus years, the only thing that service road has handled has been people heading down to the Earlywine golf course or driving range.

I drive this route every day on the way home. The intersection on the east side of the highway is (or will shortly be) light controlled for the exit ramp and interchange. The entrance to WalMart will be controlled. The service road, however, which is ever so slightly east of the interchange, does not appear to have any light control pending.

I am hoping this is because there is some plan in someone's head to rebuild that service road, and then integrate the exit ramp, which is how most other such exit/service roads are handled. Right now, that service road is a nightmarish, pothole laden mess that was never thought to handle even a micro-fraction the traffic it will start handling as people from the SW 119th area start using it to get to WalMart. For the last twenty-plus years, the only thing that service road has handled has been people heading down to the Earlywine golf course or driving range.
    I don't know why they wouldn't fix this right now instead of putting up a new signal light that will have to be moved in a couple of years. Post 79 has a diagram of the ideal setup. The ramps would feed into the service road and that service road would be extended up to 89th street. I'm sure this is still the long term plan, but they just wanted an easy quick solution.

Should have built the stupid Walmart on the other of the interstate where the city has already spent millions of dollars on infrastructure.

I know what you are talking about now, and I honestly didn't even know that road went all the way to 119th. I just figured people would use Portland or May depending on where they live if they want to get to that Walmart. With all this going up along I44, it sure it cutting those of us that live West of I44 off from the rest of South OKC.

Default Re: Walmart

The supercenter on NW Expressway and Council is adding an out-building that looks like it will be a pickup spot for on-line ordering.

I suspect they will be adding these in most their locations.

Blog Entries

Yeah, most Walmart's have been adding a door and designated parking on the side of the building near the grocery section for online pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Probably will improve their pricing power, because they already have Sam's Club fueling centers. I imagine if they can buy even more than they do now they will get better prices.

Pretty much every Wal Mart in these parts have a Murray gas station located at the far end of the parking lot. Murray is a stand alone business that while located at Wal Marts is not owned by Wal Mart.

23. Default Re: Walmart

Hasn't Sam's had fuel centers for awhile? Seems like a natural move for Wal-Mart to make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Pretty much every Wal Mart in these parts have a Murray gas station located at the far end of the parking lot. Murray is a stand alone business that while located at Wal Marts is not owned by Wal Mart.
    Walmart is taking over the Murphy USA stations for themselves and adding more locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's not a gas station with that layout, our original thought has got to be correct. The plans available have nothing about adding underground storage tanks, and there is a Circle K a football toss away from the site.

The WSJ article may be right, but not about this site.

Thread Information