1. #1

    Default Derplahomans


  2. #2

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Sorry . . . I haven't yet clicked the link because I'm still chuckling at the term "Derplahomans" . . .
    (there's just something about "derp" that gets me everytime . . . silly? perhaps. but it is what it is.)

  3. Default Re: Derplahomans

    Hard to believe these nice, God fearing, Oklahomans would post such garbage, especially with their names and photos. What ever happened to shame and embarrassment?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    Hard to believe these nice, God fearing, Oklahomans would post such garbage, especially with their names and photos. What ever happened to shame and embarrassment?
    Those went out the window and were replaced by bigotry, hatred, believe everything and last but not least ignorance.

  5. Default Re: Derplahomans

    Of course, if it's a Republican president, feel free to call him "Chimp in Chief", show pictures of him as a monkey, call him a babykiller, and a war criminal. Call for/hope for his death and impeachment, and more.

    Yeah, many of these comments were over the top, ridiculous, and offensive, but let's not for a second think that any one group has an exclusive license on lack of respect for the President. And I think it's absurd that the Lost Ogle is making hay out of this, considering their lack of respect for pretty much everything. It's sort of like Trey Parker and Matt Stone saying "hey, it's not cool to make fun of religions".

  6. #6

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Consider the source. The editor Patrick Nelson(yes I'm using his real name, because he uses the same tactics) feels he can say anything he wants about anybody but when the shoes on the other foot its crying time. I have never seen a more hypocritical coward libratard in my life and that's saying a lot. He is just as bigoted as Sally Kern and all the nut jobs he rants about on the other side. If he hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans so much maybe he could spare us and leave.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Those went out the window and were replaced by bigotry, hatred, believe everything and last but not least ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Of course, if it's a Republican president, feel free to call him "Chimp in Chief", show pictures of him as a monkey, call him a babykiller, and a war criminal. Call for/hope for his death and impeachment, and more.

    Yeah, many of these comments were over the top, ridiculous, and offensive, but let's not for a second think that any one group has an exclusive license on lack of respect for the President. And I think it's absurd that the Lost Ogle is making hay out of this, considering their lack of respect for pretty much everything. It's sort of like Trey Parker and Matt Stone saying "hey, it's not cool to make fun of religions".
    Quote Originally Posted by labrat3 View Post
    Consider the source. The editor Patrick Nelson(yes I'm using his real name, because he uses the same tactics) feels he can say anything he wants about anybody but when the shoes on the other foot its crying time. I have never seen a more hypocritical coward libratard in my life and that's saying a lot. He is just as bigoted as Sally Kern and all the nut jobs he rants about on the other side. If he hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans so much maybe he could spare us and leave.
    Thanks guys for proving my point

  8. Default Re: Derplahomans

    So you think it's ok to hold signs with the president dressed as hitler? Or to have signs that say "I came to kill the President". Or to burn figures in effigy of him? Or to have dolls hanging from nooses that look like him? Or to have a guillotine with a head made to look like his in a basket?

    What if a talk show host showed Obama speaking, and flashed the words "Snipers Wanted" on the screen during that. Oh wait, that wasn't Obama, it was Bush.

    But again, it's not really about respecting the office to you. It's about respecting "your guys". You have no respect for the office itself.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by labrat3 View Post
    Consider the source. The editor Patrick Nelson(yes I'm using his real name, because he uses the same tactics) feels he can say anything he wants about anybody but when the shoes on the other foot its crying time. I have never seen a more hypocritical coward libratard in my life and that's saying a lot. He is just as bigoted as Sally Kern and all the nut jobs he rants about on the other side. If he hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans so much maybe he could spare us and leave.
    If you hate Patrick so much why do you read his blog?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Because the rest of the writers except for Chelsea who is a twit are pretty good. I pretty much think Marisa should be running the whole show. She is a great writer and even though she shares some of Patricks views I think she is a hell of a lot more fair and balanced. Just because you hold conservative viewpoints and voted for Fallin in the last election doesnt make you a nut job. I thought Brad Henry was a pretty decent Govenor. Most Oklahomans have conservative viewpoints you aren't going to change their minds expecially when you call them names and put them down. All your doing is singing to the choir and drinking Obama coolaide, not any better than the other side I'd say. Not really accomplishing much are you Patrick, I mean Stew are we.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by labrat3 View Post
    Because the rest of the writers except for Chelsea who is a twit are pretty good. I pretty much think Marisa should be running the whole show. She is a great writer and even though she shares some of Patricks views I think she is a hell of a lot more fair and balanced. Just because you hold conservative viewpoints and voted for Fallin in the last election doesnt make you a nut job. I thought Brad Henry was a pretty decent Govenor. Most Oklahomans have conservative viewpoints you aren't going to change their minds expecially when you call them names and put them down. All your doing is singing to the choir and drinking Obama coolaide, not any better than the other side I'd say. Not really accomplishing much are you Patrick, I mean Stew are we.
    LOL, you're pretty funny. I have absolutely no use for Obama and my name isn't Patrick. Oh, I agree many people never let facts alter their reality. In fact most of us are pretty dogmatic in our world view. I simply see no reason to get emotionally invested in rantings on the internet or heck even at the diner table. It's entertaining all the same.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    So you think it's ok to hold signs with the president dressed as hitler? Or to have signs that say "I came to kill the President". Or to burn figures in effigy of him? Or to have dolls hanging from nooses that look like him? Or to have a guillotine with a head made to look like his in a basket?

    What if a talk show host showed Obama speaking, and flashed the words "Snipers Wanted" on the screen during that. Oh wait, that wasn't Obama, it was Bush.

    But again, it's not really about respecting the office to you. It's about respecting "your guys". You have no respect for the office itself.

    Where did I say any of that or give the impression it was OK? I disagree with the talk show doing that 100% and glad they apologized and took action. Was the person who held the sign saying he was going to kill the President arrested?

  13. Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Where did I say any of that or give the impression it was OK? I disagree with the talk show doing that 100% and glad they apologized and took action. Was the person who held the sign saying he was going to kill the President arrested?
    Nope.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Where did I say any of that or give the impression it was OK? I disagree with the talk show doing that 100% and glad they apologized and took action. Was the person who held the sign saying he was going to kill the President arrested?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Nope.

    Too bad, you have a link to that?

  15. Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Too bad, you have a link to that?
    It's hard to prove a negative. It'd be easy to find a link if they were arrested.

  16. #16
    Prunepicker Guest

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    You'd think these were the same people who are so kind to Sally Kern.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    It's hard to prove a negative. It'd be easy to find a link if they were arrested.
    So all we have to show it actually happened is your say so?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by labrat3 View Post
    Because the rest of the writers except for Chelsea who is a twit are pretty good. I pretty much think Marisa should be running the whole show. She is a great writer and even though she shares some of Patricks views I think she is a hell of a lot more fair and balanced. Just because you hold conservative viewpoints and voted for Fallin in the last election doesnt make you a nut job. I thought Brad Henry was a pretty decent Govenor. Most Oklahomans have conservative viewpoints you aren't going to change their minds expecially when you call them names and put them down. All your doing is singing to the choir and drinking Obama coolaide, not any better than the other side I'd say. Not really accomplishing much are you Patrick, I mean Stew are we.
    Seems rich coming from you, particularly after reading your posts in this thread.

  19. Default Re: Derplahomans

    That it happened, no, I can prove that.

    Just nothing on the non-arrests (considering they don't run news stories when arrests DON'T happen).

    Top 10: Most vile anti-Bush signs [SLIDESHOW] | The Daily Caller

    Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years zomblog

    I could send you hundreds of examples. It'd be wasting my time though.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    Hard to believe these nice, God fearing, Oklahomans would post such garbage, especially with their names and photos. What ever happened to shame and embarrassment?
    You might find them cowering in the same bathtub as the one occupied by common sense, decency, self-respect/esteem and empathy.
    (alex jones and michael moore probably helped direct them there)

    Remember America: It's more important to be Kind than to be right. Or left.

    (still chucklin' at "derp" . . . i did click the link way earlier today . . . read the spews . . . was disgusted . . . went on about my business)

  21. #21

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Will Rogers might have had a field day with all this . . .
    [possible paraphrase]:
    "Yeah (spit and twirl the lasso/noose). . . I hear tell that a bunch o' them overedgeecated underworked fools from back home done went t' one o' them Institutes O' Higher Learnin' in the vicinity o' Walmartia and got 'em a passle o' Derplomas so's they could become ipso facto Derplomats fer the state. Now we have to Facebook and ogle the facts of their state o' bein' orafices in the south end of northbound jackasses . . . regardless o' political party."

    (sorry . . . it's the Derp . . . =)

  22. #22

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Thanks guys for proving my point
    And you think that you're totally innocent of doing the same??

  23. #23

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by labrat3 View Post
    Consider the source. The editor Patrick Nelson(yes I'm using his real name, because he uses the same tactics) feels he can say anything he wants about anybody but when the shoes on the other foot its crying time. I have never seen a more hypocritical coward libratard in my life and that's saying a lot. He is just as bigoted as Sally Kern and all the nut jobs he rants about on the other side. If he hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans so much maybe he could spare us and leave.
    LOL, nice rant bro. Are you sure that's his real last name?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Thanks guys for proving my point
    They make it way too easy.

  25. Default Re: Derplahomans

    Quote Originally Posted by okcboomer View Post
    They make it way too easy.
    Oh here we go. Got any more kids' deaths you'd like to politicize?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •